Home / Jobs
Job: Project Surveyor (3D Laser Scanning), GeoSearch, Inc., Carmel, IN
Project Surveyor (3D Laser Scanning)
Carmel, IN 99999 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Photogrammetric Systems Specialist
This position will require completing all aspects of 3D laser scanning and surveying from field data collection to developing point cloud deliverables. Duties will include processing point clouds collected by 3D laser scanning or similar systems and convert into 3D point cloud models using FARO Scene, Autodesk ReCap and AutoCAD, or similar 3D design software programs. Projects will consist of building interiors & exteriors, factories, mechanical rooms, and similar infrastructure to develop existing conditions 3D deliverables. Work collaboratively with Project Management to ensure client deliverables meet specifications and are completed to the highest level of detail and accuracy according to company defined quality standards.
This position is based in Carmel, Indiana. This is a full time role with excellent benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Working independently or as part of a team visiting client locations capturing existing project/building conditions using terrestrial 3D laser scanners.
• Post process field collected scan data and register with FARO Scene, Cyclone, Autodesk ReCap or similar point cloud processing software tools.
• Verify point cloud alignment using survey dimensional control techniques.
• Work without direct day-to-day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority.
• Minimum 1-year experience as a Survey Technician, LiDAR or 3D Scan Technician having both field and office experience.
• Experience with operation of FARO, Leica, or similar 3D scanners is a plus and will be given priority consideration.
• Experienced converting point clouds into CAD & BIM model deliverables will be given the highest consideration.
• Skilled in the use of GPS devices, data collectors and/or Total Station.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of land surveying.
• Must be available to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings & weekend work and available to travel to client sites when needed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts.
• Professionalism in dealing with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, and co-workers.
• Motivation to take on added responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Planning – Looks ahead and organizes activities to stay on top of the project’s needs.
• Initiative – Seeks out new opportunities to contribute. Pushes the envelope, raise the bar.
• Ownership – Is totally committed to the success of the project, his teammates and the company.
• An entrepreneurial spirit who embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities for creativity and innovation.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Survey Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Civil Engineering or other related field + relevant experience is required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.