Electrical Engineer (EE)
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Chicago, IL 60018 United States
Full-time exempt plus benefits
Electrical Engineer (EE)
Electrical Engineer for consulting engineering firm which primarily provides design and construction services for municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, emergency power systems, roadway/site lighting systems, and other municipal facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical design and analysis for electrical systems using approved computer programs and manual computations in accordance with the accepted design practice.
- Work under supervision of Project Manager on design and production of electrical documents and construction specifications.
- Assist with design and prepare detailed plans and specifications for electrical system improvements.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Review shop drawing submittals as needed.
- Perform their own CAD work.
- Visit construction sites to confirm progress of electrical work. Also, confirm that the work meets the requirements of the project plans and specifications.
- Other assignments as needed.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 1 – 5 years of design experience in the transportation, municipal or commercial industry.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or EI in the State of Illinois preferred.
- Electrical system design/consulting experience on low voltage power distribution on water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant projects or manufacturing, industrial and/or commercial design projects.
- Low voltage electrical power system and communications infrastructure design skills required: Utility feed/service entrance, site power distribution, motor control center sizing and layout, facility power and lighting, municipal communications infrastructure.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (N.E.C.) and other industry codes and standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating with non-electrical engineering disciplines including potable water, wastewater, and transportation to translate project needs and goals to the electrical staff.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, MicroStation).
- Roadway/site lighting design (experience with IDOT, Tollway, CDOT and various counties and municipalities regulations a plus). Experience with AGI32 photometric software preferred.
Our staff of 195 is a full-service civil engineering consulting firm specializing in civil, municipal, transportation, water resource, mechanical, electrical, structural, environmental, traffic and construction engineering services. We provide high quality customer service, professionalism and a depth of expertise that promotes project success.
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.