IT Software Development
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Merrimack, NH 03054 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Geospatial Senior Level Specialist
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
IT Software Development
Pennichuck Corporation is a private water utility engaged in the collection, storage, treatment, distribution and sale of potable water in southern and central New Hampshire. We operate both as a regulated water utility operation and a non-regulated water management service. Our Corporate headquarters is located in Merrimack, New Hampshire.
We are seeking an experienced GIS Analyst to develop and implement our geographic information system (GIS). This key role will direct and participate in our long-term development and enhancement of GIS information technology to meet Company mapping and end user service objectives.
Specific duties include:
• Works closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues and training needs; analyze current business processes and recommends best practice solutions; construct information technology definitions based on identified needs of the organization.
• Performs complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments; performs data research, investigation and verification; creates and maintains files of digital pictures of streets and street problems for department use; codes and digitizes maps and geographical feature data into various layers; prepares projects and data for archival storage; performs record keeping and inventory; documents and files data sources and map files for future reference; responds to requests from the public for mapping data; responds to emergency mapping and information requests.
• Prepares, plans, produces, maintains and updates a variety of maps, drawings, plans and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develops and maintains data layers, using GIS tools, CAD tools and relational databases; performs detailed spatial analysis including notifications, buffering, and zone consolidation; manipulates images for electronic mapping; enters attribute data pertaining to specific features into a relational database; incorporates maps, charts, data files, spreadsheet data, documentation and text into reports.
• Analyzes requests for new applications, programs and modifications to existing GIS programs; analyzes and documents user work processes and systems functionality requirements; analyzes current GIS system functions, procedures and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible; develops and presents proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs; participates on software selection and implementation teams, including software evaluation, requirements gathering, work flow analysis and system implementation, testing and training.
• Designs, develops, implements, and tests configuration changes in packaged software such as ESRI and Oracle to meet end user business requirements.
• Tests new and revised programs and interfaces to ensure accuracy and efficiency; develops and executes test plans and forwards to users for user acceptance testing; creates test scenarios; generates test data and keeps logs of test results; tests and analyzes the effectiveness and functionality of new fields and code; notifies programming staff of testing problems and required fixes; proofreads screen layouts to ensure all system requirements are met.
• Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves GIS applications problems; communicates with internal and external technical resources to resolve end user issues; provides guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
• Coordinates and conducts user applications training; develops training materials and manuals; responds to and resolves user inquiries; develops and maintains user documentation. Develop necessary extraction programs, transfer rules, update rules if necessary using SQL code. Develop standard and custom reports, as specified by business unit/user requirements. Develop standard and custom reports, as specified by business unit/user requirements. Work in a variety of systems to bring together the individual departments information into a Company wide Geographic Information System.
Qualifications for this role include:
• BS degree with a major in GIS or Computer Science with a GIS certificate.
• Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the design and development of GIS systems and applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GIS concepts and analytical techniques, including computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis; GIS database administration and management principles, methods and techniques, including quality control methods and practices; GIS software tools and applications including but not limited to ArcGIS, ArcIMS, ArcSDE, AutoCAD suite, MS Visio and applications of MS Office Suite; principles and practices of GIS analysis and design; hardware and software applications development methods, tools and utilities applicable to the GIS system.
• Strong organizational, analysis and communications skills with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
• Valid state driver’s license in good standing
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.