Home / Jobs
Job: Survey Applications Engineer, Trimble Inc., Westminster, CO
Survey Applications Engineer
Westminster, CO 80021 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Trimble is recruiting for a Survey Applications Engineer Representative to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The primary responsibility of the Survey Applications Engineer Representative is to work as a member within the Market Acceptance Testing (MAT) team located onsite at our facility in Westminster, Colorado. The MAT team undertakes a wide range of duties, related to testing and performance analysis of unreleased surveying products currently being designed. By coupling his/her solid understanding of the technology and the application of the technology to the surveying domain, the Survey Applications Engineer Representative is able to evaluate the overall system performance from the end user’s point of view. He/she will also collaborate with Portfolio and Product Managers to analyze competing products and systems to understand their technical weaknesses and strengths, helping Portfolio Managers build a strong case for Trimble solutions using expert domain knowledge in 3D scanning and surveying applications, to influence the direction of future system designs and enhancements.
The Survey Applications Engineer rep. will report to the Market Acceptance Testing team manager and as part of the MAT team. They will also work closely with engineering sites around the world to design and deliver state-of-the-art land surveying systems. Relying on their solid foundation of land survey practices, combined with a customer focused mentality, the Survey Applications Engineer rep provides direct and immediate feedback on overall system designs, to ensure our products meet (and or exceed) our customer's needs. The Survey Applications Engineer rep will also apply unique customer perspectives to requirements for new products on behalf of the Geospatial division to ensure successful product introductions and market acceptance.
- Applying advanced and unique knowledge of land surveying applications using technologies, including but not limited to, full surveying and 3D scanning systems to spearhead market acceptance testing for customer applications such as construction stake-out, topographic surveying, as-builds of buildings and constructions, monitoring for landslides, rock stability and other movements, tunneling, documentation of historical buildings, volumetric surveys, powerline surveys, pipelines, highways, bridges, and much more
- Execute market acceptance testing in concert with development teams to identify, isolate and report problems or design shortcomings from a customer perspective during product development and well before first customer ship
- Conduct ongoing systems testing to ensure proper functioning and up-to-date feature sets of existing and new products
- Track down and reproduce elusive, intermittent system issues; reporting them immediately to the respective engineering team for corrective action
- Content review of market requirements documents (MRD) in specific areas of expertise
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the marketing, support and sales organizations in the company, as well as to our distribution partners
- Analyze and compare competitive products in related fields
- Remain abreast of current developments and technologies, as well as industry trends in the survey and 3D scanning industries
- Analyze Trimble core technologies as they may be applied in future products
- Interface and train technical support, technical sales, and training teams prior to new product introductions
- Customer Focus – making customer needs a primary focus of one’s actions; by identifying and designing system features and benefits into our solutions from the customer’s perspective
- Self-motivated and task oriented – self-reliant and resourceful individual, who also excels in a dynamic and changing environment
- Technical Knowledge- achieved a high level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in land surveying and 3D scanning practices; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Analytical skills – recognizes a problem exists and works to find a solution, through a rational decision making process
- Interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships, with extended teams from different organizational cultures, while working towards a common goal
- Communication – Clearly conveying information, ideas, and opinions through a variety of media solutions to individuals or groups, so they clearly understand your message or to learn from your knowledge
- Creative thinker – actively thinking outside the box to investigate or create inventive ways to implement new technological solutions for our customer’s
- Continuous Learning –actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of LEARNING opportunities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Trimble Access, Trimble Business Center, Trimble RealWorks, Autodesk, ESRI ArcGIS, competitive solution(s) knowledge encouraged
Education / Experience
- 4 year college degree in Geomatics, surveying, engineering, or a degree in a related field
- 8 years field experience in surveying applications and/or in surveying instrument industry
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.