Remote Sensing Sales_Marketing
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Technical Sales Engineer
South Jordan, UT 84095 United States
10897 River Front Pkwy, S
Competitive Base; 4 weeks PTO, great healthcare benefits, and more!
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
IT Software Development
Remote Sensing Sales/Marketing
Who we are…
Nearmap is a global leader in the provisioning of geospatial map content and applications for business, enterprises and government customers. We have a history of working successfully with small and large organizations across a broad range of sectors and industries such as landscapers, solar, insurance, roofing, building & construction, engineering firms, architectural and utility companies.
Nearmap captures, manages and delivers the most current location content in the world, allowing businesses and governments to explore their environment easily. With Nearmap, organizations unlock opportunities that consistently inform decision making and transform the way they work. Our high-resolution, frequently updated aerial imagery is 2.8-inch GSD, better than satellite imagery. Delivered within days of capture, Nearmap shows changes over time. Users save time and money, reduce site visits and efficiently plan with current, clear imagery. Nearmap is delivered through a refreshingly easy-to-use interface called MapBrowser or accessed via Esri® and Autodesk products.
Built around world leading innovation, Nearmap has developed a complete technology solution that enables it to quickly capture and process aerial imagery and serve that data online with unprecedented currency, clarity and availability via subscriptions over the Internet.
What you’ll be doing …
You will be very comfortable in a start-up environment – able to roll-up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to succeed. You will thrive in an environment that craves an entrepreneurial spirit, one that doesn’t have everything figured out yet and is looking for leaders to accelerate the success we are achieving. You crave an environment that wants your input to improve the ways things get done and do so with a no-fear can-do attitude.
You will be the pillar for our inside sales, strategic account and marketing teams and play a critical role in helping us take down deals. You will leverage your technical GIS abilities, software knowledge, programming skills and your entrepreneurial curiosity to become a solution expert and trusted advisor. You will be responsible for assisting customers and your fellow Nearmappers in pre-sales technical support inclusive of participating in fact-finding meetings, cultivating highly personalized and solution based technical product demos, creating & delivering world class presentations, documenting & optimizing processes. You help teach our customers something new about their ability to use aerial imagery and integrate the imagery into their platforms to make their work process more effective, and supporting business generation.
Relentlessly pursuing knowledge about our competitive landscape, the industries our customers serve, and the economics of what drives our customers to succeed. You can translate that knowledge into action by identifying the challenges they face and how our differentiating capabilities provide the best and only way to solve those challenges. Additionally, you share this information collaborating with our Nearmappers down under to help influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs.
A typical day may look like this:
• Partnering with sales and marketing, you are actively engaged in strategy and client messaging.
• Creating technical demo masterpieces – you understand the customer needs and speak to that in your solution based, trusted advisor approach.
• You are a technical guru able to assist sales and marketing with technical information and documents for sales support, content creation, webinars, and trade shows
• Collaborating and supporting the sales team in execution of RFI/RFP/RFQ’s – you take ownership in all technical aspects.
• You want to be the customer’s voice and share needs to the Product Engineering Team
• You want to share your expertise of GIS/CAD, Mapping content and API knowledge with customers and your fellow Nearmappers.
• You are comfortable participating in product design reviews communicating feedback to the Product Team to ensure products and features meet required standards
• You are able to pull disparate customer, market, and demographic data together into information products that support our product development and management goals.
• Relevant education, a degree in a field such as GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or Engineering
• At least 3 years’ experience in a customer facing sales engineer, software engineer, or a solution engineer role.
• Proficiency with 2D and 3D mapping content formats/specifications.
• Proficiency with GIS/CAD software platforms.
• Domain expertise in the Digital Mapping Industry
• You have a passion to be out and in front of customers with a willingness to travel and spread the Nearmap story
• An entrepreneur spirit
• Been told that you command the conversation
• A knack for attention to detail and organization
• A sense of humor and ability to perform job functions with a positive, energetic, driven, and hands on approach.
• Gift of making a compelling sales argument to sell value – you’re straightforward and a virtuous brand ambassador (aka – The Rainmaker)
You might also have:
• Software Engineering
• Machine Learning
• Image Processing
• Worked in a start-up environment
• An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
• A work hard play hard casual environment
• Competitive pay and benefits
• A fast, smart, and fun team
• Brand new offices stocked with great snacks
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.