Home / Jobs
Job: LiDAR Technician I, Rice Associates, Inc., Richmond, VA
LiDAR Technician I
Richmond, VA 23225 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Remote Sensing Technician
Rice Associates – a leading provider of geospatial information for both the public and private sectors in Virginia – is seeking a Lidar Tech 1 for our Richmond office. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and a self-reliant individual who has a genuine interest in LiDAR technology.
Role and Responsibility
• Ensures that all materials and equipment required for LiDAR work are stocked and in good repair before mobilizing to project site.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of LiDAR/Survey equipment including, but not limited to: Laser Scanners, GPS Equipment, Mobile Mapping Systems, Total Stations, and Leveling Instruments.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of LiDAR processing and mapping software including, but not limited to: Leica Cyclone, Cloudworx, TopoDOT, Microstation, Geopak, Autocad, Carlson, and ESRI ArcGIS.
• Works closely with Project Manager and/or Remote Sensing Manager to fully understand project requirements and deliverables.
• Coordinates with survey department to accomplish ground control requirements for static and mobile LiDAR projects.
• Performs classification, feature extraction and mapping from processed LiDAR data.
• Performs manual edits, filtering, classification, and tiling of point cloud data.
• Performs quality management (QA/QC) of products personally generated.
• Is engaged in improving the efficiency of processes and procedures within the LiDAR Department.
• Works to increasingly acquire knowledge of policies and procedures of LiDAR industry standards and the changes to such standards over time.
• Communicate and collaborate both horizontally and vertically throughout the firm.
• Follows policies and procedures to insure all work is done accurately and efficiently.
• Completes his/her timesheet daily and submits it promptly for weekly review and approval.
• Attends meetings in and out of the office, including Safety Meetings.
• Maintains regular, predictable and punctual attendance to ensure on-time crew departure to job sites.
• Maintains a valid driver’s license.
• Travels to job sites.
Qualifications and Skills
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree are preferred. However, consideration will be given to candidates with a high school diploma and 3-5 years of experience working as a LiDAR Tech.
• Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Experience in surveying and/or CADD preferred.
• Frequent travel with multiple overnight stays.
• Experience operating the following equipment: Static laser scanners, Mobile mapping systems, GPS equipment, Total stations and Leveling instruments.
• Experience with the following software: Leica Cyclone, ESRI ArcGIS, TopoDOT, Microstation, Autocad, Autodesk Revit
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Excellent attention for details and time management skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; talk; hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and distance vision.
When working in the field, this is a very physically demanding job as the employee will work outdoors in all weather conditions year-round. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; bend; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk; or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. independently and 120 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
When working in the field, the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Outdoors working conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to high.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience. The firm offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability. Rice Associates provides a very generous 401(k) plan as well as an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Employment is contingent on possessing a reference check, a valid driving license as well as a safe driving record. All applicants will be subject to drug screening prior to commencing work as well as regularly and randomly thereafter. All applicants may be subject to background checks prior to commencing work, as well as during employment. Rice Associates participates in the federal E-Verify.
Rice Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Rice Associates participates in E-Verify. Rice Associates is a Drug-Free workplace.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Tiziana Ventimiglia, Director of Administration and General Counsel at TVentimiglia@ricesurveys.com.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF GEOSPATIAL PROFESSIONALS AND GROW WITH US
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.