Utilities Specialist - Electric
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Senior GIS Software Developer
Harrisburg, PA 17109 United States
IT Software Development
Geospatial Senior Level Specialist
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
Utilities Specialist - Electric
We are looking for a bright and highly motivated individual who embraces innovation, collaboration and a relentless desire to exceed customer expectations. Our client is a full service GIS consulting and system integration firm dedicated to providing outstanding professional services and innovative solutions to clients.
• Provides consultation, guidance, recommendations, and solutions on existing and new applications to meet user requirements.
• Designs or reviews relational and geospatial database designs, information, specifications, and standards that will drive the applications.
• Works with the project team to define business processes and workflows, functional requirements, and application architecture.
• Assists in the preparation of realistic labor estimates to complete project scope and project schedule with milestones and completion dates in a goal-setting environment.
• Designs, develops, tests and maintains desktop, mobile, and web-based GIS applications.
• Creates test plans; performs unit and integration testing; and supports system acceptance testing.
• Creates application user documentation, technical documentation, programmer's manual and end user's guide.
• Designs system and application architectures following the latest best practices.
• Researches and prototypes new technologies that improve efficiencies for existing or planned solutions.
• Communicates effectively and interacts professionally with the client and team members.
• Is able to complete assigned projects within assigned budget and schedule deadlines.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
9 years of IT and GIS experience, with at least 2 years in a similar position with similar responsibilities.
6 years of Visual Basic .NET and ASP .NET programming experience.
5 years of experience developing GIS applications for desktop and web environments using ESRI and/or Intergraph technology.
5 years of Oracle 10g and PL/SQL experience.
2 years of experience developing transportation focused GIS software.
Experience developing applications using Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) or Flash.
Strong object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills.
Experience involving all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Possess effective technical writing and documentation skills.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Possess The Following Skills or Work Experience:
Software development experience or recent training with Intergraph GeoMedia family of products including GeoMedia WebMap.
Experience with Oracle Spatial for GIS data management, with emphasis on design, implementation and use of spatial databases.
Experience developing software that utilizes Linear Reference System (LRS) data models.
Experience developing software that utilizes using Crystal Reports or Business Objects.
We desire to fill the position as quickly as possible. All candidates must be a citizen of the USA or have a Green Card allowing you to work in the USA for at least 5 years from date of hire.
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.