Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Colorado Springs, CO 80920 United States
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Remote Sensing Management
The LiDAR Manager supervises and coordinates activities and personnel of the LiDAR production Operations department, ensuring production and quality standards are met by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel. Performs production work in these areas as required.
• Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the LiDAR department.
• The LiDAR Manager takes responsibility for the logistics, prioritization, development, coordination, and management of the business LiDAR department in the areas of software, staffing, training, development, inventory, operation, systems analysis, and in coordination and support to other production staff.
• Responsible for analyzing production costs, develop cost containment methods, efficiency monitoring, and oversee the departmental budget.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment in educating and supervising staff in the LiDAR production processes using company resources within the framework of established company policies and procedures.
• Manages workflow needs and develops and maintains department schedules to meet required service levels and to meet all project schedule requirements.
• Ensures proper usage with staff and overall administration of LiDAR production systems, software systems, equipment, and identifies enhancement opportunities.
• Proactively delivers a high degree of professionalism and enthusiasm to effectively mentor, motivate, and supervise staff and to maintain good working relationships with outside vendors, and external clients as appropriate.
• Manages the LiDAR department staff including recruiting, discipline, mentoring, training efforts and assisting with the performance and talent management process.
• Develop or revises standard operational and working practices and ensures department staff adhere to internal and external compliance and quality standards.
• Analyze and identifies new technology to enhance production processes, lower costs, improve efficiency, and improve product delivery.
• Provides information, reporting, and recommended actions to management in resolving issues, identifying enhancement opportunities, cost control, recordkeeping, and staff performance needs.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, networking, and professional affiliations.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Manages department production staff to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and supervising work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and escalating complaints to management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geography or related field.
A minimum of six years’ experience in LiDAR calibration, LiDAR classification, LiDAR product generation consistent with Geospatial industry and company standards (USGS LiDAR specifications; FEMA specifications; ASPRS Specifications). Knowledge of LiDAR technology, GPS/IMU data and its use, LiDAR calibration techniques, LiDAR accuracy assessment and reporting. Familiarity of ASPRS, USGS, and FGDC metadata standards. Must have the ability to supervise a group of technical non-exempt and exempt employees, maintaining a high degree of motivation and focus on department goals. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment. Good interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills with a strong commitment to quality required.
Our company offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.