Home / Jobs
Job: eGIS Project Manager, Quantum Spatial, Corvallis, OR
eGIS Project Manager
Corvallis, OR 97333 United States
The GIS Project Manager is responsible for developing and executing project plans, monitoring and reporting on project status, managing project budgets and schedules, managing project risks to ensure successful completion of multiple concurrent projects, and supporting the development of project proposals. Project success is defined by meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations within budget and on schedule. The position will be responsible for enterprise GIS (eGIS) projects primarily supporting the company’s Public business line, and particularly the Federal Practice Area. In addition to project management activities, this position will contribute to the growth of eGIS business by identifying eGIS opportunities, following up on opportunities identified by other company teams, representing QSI at industry events, and other eGIS business development activities, as necessary.
- Three years (minimum) of technical project leadership, with five+ years of experience in the geospatial field.
- Highly motivated team player with mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of the business.
- Expert knowledge and experience supporting complex Esri-based GIS projects within a large enterprise context (including software applications development components).
- Experience with business process analysis, data inventory, and enterprise geodatabase modeling.
- Demonstrated experience working within an Agile software development methodology, using the Scrum framework.
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex project tasks.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to write/compile technical information.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address client needs.
- Ability to travel, as needed. 5-15%.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a natural science, geospatial field (e.g., GIS, remote sensing, cartography, photogrammetry, etc.), business administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMI PMP, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Experience with spatial analyses and problem solving.
- Experience working with federal government agencies and academic organizations.
- Experience working with a broad array of geospatial datasets, including numerous forms of vector (point, line, polygon) and raster data, both terrestrial and marine/aquatic.
- Knowledge of the software applications development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of back-end server technologies (IT infrastructure), front-end delivery technologies, and systems integration concepts.
- Knowledge of federal geospatial standards, policies, and data portals.
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.