Home / Jobs
Job: Assistant Controller, GeoSearch, Inc., Redlands, CA
Redlands, CA 92373 United States
VP-Level Executive Management
This is a challenging opportunity to execute and manage the operational functions of the Finance and Accounting department under the leadership of the Corporate Controller. In this position, you'll be responsible for multiple companies in relation to the general ledger, disbursements, inventory accounting, royalty accounting, fixed assets, revenue recognition, and any external audit efforts.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work with various technologies, document processes and workflows, and understand how to incorporate better frontend controls in those processes. Additionally, you must be able to adapt quickly to changes in existing systems and processes and demonstrate the ability to learn and deploy new technologies effectively.
• Supervision and day-to-day activity of the accounting department
• Oversee month-end close for all companies on an individual and consolidated basis
• Ensure accuracy in financial statements
• Lead and coordinate external audits for both US and non-US corporations
• Assist in the development and regular review of internal control policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance to US-GAAP and various other international reporting standards
• Work with the tax organization for appropriate tax provisions and accrual handling of refunds for both direct and indirect taxes
• Promote and lead continuous process improvements for efficiency and cost savings
• Develop and mentor staff to perform at their highest potential
• Lead and coordinate the Finance and Accounting internship program supporting local college efforts
• 5+ years of professional work experience in a medium to large shared service accounting organization
• 7+ years of people management experience
• Strong analytical, project management, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• International operational accounting experience
• Strong computer system skills including SAP working experience and standard Microsoft Office tools
• Bachelor’s or higher in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA preferred
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Call Us Toll Free - 866-962-7772
Copyright 2015, GeoSearch, Inc. All Rights Reserved.