Job: Maps Integration Sales Engineer, Nearmap Us Inc., South Jordan, UT
Maps Integration Sales Engineer
South Jordan, UT 84095 United States
Excellent Heath and Medical Benefits, Wellness Benefits, PTO and Sick Leave, and much more
IT Software Development
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
What you’ll be doing …
You will be very comfortable in a start-up environment – able to roll-up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to succeed. You will thrive in an environment that craves an entrepreneurial spirit, one that doesn’t have everything figured out yet and is looking for leaders to accelerate the success we are achieving. You crave an environment that wants your input to improve the ways things get done and do so with a no-fear can-do attitude.
You will be the pillar for our inside sales, strategic account and marketing teams and play a critical role in helping us take down deals. You will leverage your technical GIS abilities, software knowledge, programming skills and your entrepreneurial curiosity to become a solution expert and trusted advisor. You will be responsible for assisting customers and your fellow Nearmappers in pre-sales technical support inclusive of participating in fact-finding meetings, cultivating highly personalized and solution based technical product demos, creating & delivering world class presentations, documenting & optimizing processes. You will help teach our customers something new about their ability to use mapping content through the Nearmap APIs, integrate the content into their platforms, and optimize the solution to programmatically access Nearmap content to make their work process more effective, and supporting business generation.
Relentlessly pursuing knowledge about our competitive landscape, the industries our customers serve, and the economics of what drives our customers to succeed. You can translate that knowledge into action by identifying the challenges they face and how our differentiating capabilities provide the best and only way to solve those challenges. Additionally, you share this information collaborating with our Nearmappers down under to help influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs.
You will be fielding questions about whether or not Nearmap supports “Application X” on a daily basis. Armed with the knowledge that Nearmap provides imagery using standards compliant APIs you need be able to dig a little deeper and understand what the prospect or a customer is trying to achieve and how to best address their concerns. Working with the Head of Field Operations, you will establish a pro-active plan involving technical discovery, proof of concept, solution design and implementation in order to land strategic deals.
A typical day may look like this:
• Partnering with sales and marketing, you are actively engaged in strategy and client messaging.
• Creating technical demo masterpieces – you understand the customer needs and speak to that in your solution based, trusted advisor approach.
• You are a technical guru able to assist sales and marketing with technical information and documents for sales support, content creation, webinars, and trade shows
• Collaborating and supporting the sales team in execution of RFI/RFP/RFQ’s – you take ownership in all technical aspects.
• Be a domain expert in Nearmap APIs and be able to advise prospective clients on which API is most suitable for their use case.
• You want to be the customer’s voice and share needs to the Product Engineering Team
• You want to share your expertise of Cloud Architecture, Mapping content, web applications and HTTP API knowledge with customers and your fellow Nearmappers.
• You are comfortable participating in product design reviews communicating feedback to the Product Team to ensure products and features meet required standards
• You are able to aggregate disparate customer, market, and demographic data and provide those as inputs into product development and commercial initiatives.
• An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
• A work hard play hard casual environment
• Competitive pay and benefits
• A fast, smart, and fun team
• Brand new offices stocked with great snacks
• Relevant education, a degree in a field such as GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or Engineering
• 1-3 years’ experience in a software engineer, application programmer or a solution engineer role. A graduate level degree can be substituted for work experience.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Proficiency with 2D and 3D mapping content formats/specifications.
• Firm understanding of delivering content via HTTP
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose third party web applications
• Ability to read, write, speak and communicate proficiently in English language
• You have a passion to be out and in front of customers with a willingness to travel and spread the Nearmap story
• An entrepreneur spirit
• A knack for attention to detail and organization
• A sense of humor and ability to perform job functions with a positive, energetic, driven, and hands on approach.
• Gift of making a compelling sales argument to sell value – you’re straightforward and a virtuous brand ambassador
You might also have:
• Graduate Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or Engineering
• Machine Learning
• Image Processing
• Client facing experience
• Worked in a start-up environment
• Proficiency with GIS/CAD Software Platforms
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?