Job: Software Developer - Kiln, MS, GeoSearch, Inc., Kiln, MS
Software Developer - Kiln, MS
Kiln, MS 39556 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
IT Software Development
Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
• Directing system testing and validation procedures.
• Directing software programming and documentation development.
• Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
• Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
• Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
• Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
• Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
• Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
• Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
• 2 plus years’ experience in web software development.
• 2 plus years’ experience in geospatial software development.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
• The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
Deep programming language knowledge
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?