Job: Power Utility Business Development Lead - Western, US, GeoSearch, Inc., Western US, CO
Power Utility Business Development Lead - Western, US
Western US, CO 99999 United States
Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas
Remote Sensing Sales/Marketing
Utilities Specialist - Electric
Utilities Specialist - Gas-Coal
Utilities Specialist - Nuclear Energy
Utilities Specialist - Solar-Wind-Other
Utilities Specialist - Water-Wastewater
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Geospatial Senior Level Specialist
GeoSearch, Inc. is actively recruiting for an energetic, accomplished sales & business development professional with demonstrated success in selling services and/or technology to utilities. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing our client's market share in existing and new electric, water, and natural gas utility accounts within a defined geographic market. Our client provides complete value-added inspection and mapping services for transmission, distribution, and generation facilities using robust, high resolution imagery, video, LiDAR, and thermography products.
This is a full-time, direct hire position with benefits. Location can be anywhere in the Western, US territory.
• Identify new business opportunities for utility solutions with current and prospective utility clients in order to drive pipeline growth
• Work is reviewed for technical compliance and conformity with local/state agency regulations and standards
• Collaborate internally with other utility centric business units and regional offices, with an external focus to maximize existing client opportunities and develop new clients
• Collaborate with business development managers, business line leads, project managers, and proposal production staff on client proposals, RFI’s and RFP’s.
• Utilize CRM for forecasting opportunities, contact management, sales notes, and campaign follow up
• Identify and align company's capabilities to current market trends, informing offering creation and iteration. Develop and maintain high level of solution competency.
• Identify opportunities by working with existing technology partners ESRI, OSIsoft, Oracle and others.
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Attend and participate in professional associations. Strive for leadership role in select professional associations.
• Build relationships with clients at highest possible corporate level.
• Lead annual marketing and sales planning process for region.
• Meet and exceed sales targets
• Execute assigned reporting – forecasting, expense, activity, etc.
• Minimum 8-10 years related professional experience in marketing and business development/sales with at least 5 years of utility industry specific experience.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
• Must have expert knowledge in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• CRM experience required
• Demonstrated solution selling capability inclusive of services and technology
• Understand the core functions and business models of utility clients
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team selling environment
• Must be proactive and organized
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?