Job: JALBTCX Operations Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Kiln, MS
Primary Function: Perform supervision and processing of data for JALBTCX and similar programs and projects. Provide support for installation and calibration of sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in coordination with team members to meet all requirements of JALBTCX staff.
- Provide oversight of production staff performing JALBTCX tasks.
- Provide constant process documentation.
- Provide support for installation and calibration of sensors.
- Interface with and support field teams for problem resolution.
- Manage production team and perform quality control of JALBTCX projects.
- Develop and manage workflows for LiDAR, CASI and RGB processing and document standard operating procedures for field and office processing and delivery.
- Assist in proposal development.
- Provide reports to team members and JALBTCX staff as necessary.
- Process navigation and GPS data.
- Organize, process and analyze bathymetric LiDAR data and imagery.
- Edit processed LiDAR data sets, including performing bare-earth extraction.
- Document data issues.
- Identify issues with the sensors.
- Assist NAVO, USACE and other clients with data processing.
- Create coverage graphics and other final products as required.
- Provide data acquisition as backup to field employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of LiDAR and RGB and hyperspectral imagery processing.
- Knowledge of Hydrofusion and ABE.
- Knowledge of ESRI, ERDAS and other geospatial software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to lead multiple teams on multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- BS in Land Surveying or equivalent
- MS in Hydrographic Surveying or equivalent
- IHO Category A certification
- Proven experience in bathymetric LiDAR processing.
- Proven experience in leading teams to accomplish the overall objective of a program.
Physical Demands: Primary Duties are performed in an office environment, with some field work possible.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.