Job: LiDAR Processing Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Kiln, MS
Primary Function: The LiDAR Processing Manager is responsible for managing the data editing and classification of topographic and bathymetric lidar data, obtained using an airborne laser sensor designed to capture information for modeling purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage LiDAR data editing staff and LiDAR classification staff based locally and remotely, ensuring clear tasks are communicated for the effective cleaning and classification of topographic/bathymetric LiDAR data within budget hours.
- Assist in data QA/QC of cleaned LiDAR data
- Manage client relationship with JALBTCX director and technical managers
- Mandatory travel to support emergency response projects.
- Work effectively along side and under direct supervision of project managers or design leads.
- Prepare output data for delivery to both internal and external clients.
- Track and report progress of data processing for specific assignments on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensure digital media and related sources are properly stored and archived.
- Maintain a backup of work-in-progress or completed data files residing locally that is not on the network.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical expertise in the areas of LiDAR, Remote Sensing, Surveying, Geography, GIS and/or Civil Engineering.
- Proficient in the understanding of processing GPS data and applying post processed GPS data to LiDAR datasets
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to work on government projects nationally and internationally
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database and word-processing applications.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; plus three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hydrographic, GIS, Geography, or Civil Engineering degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience in personnel management and/or project management
- Education or relevant experience as a Hydrographic Surveyor
- Certified Hydrographer or IHO Certification desirable
- Experience with LiDAR, GIS, Remote Sensing, and/or Surveying preferred.
- Experience with bathymetric LiDAR processing highly desirable
- Experience with Microstation, Terrascan and TerraModler highly desirable
- Experience in nautical charting surveys highly desirable
- Experience with Optech Hydro Fusion processing software and Pure File Magic – Area Based Editor desirable