Job: GEOINT – Systems Engineer, GeoSearch, Inc., Herndon, VA
You love to be on the cutting edge of technology and we can keep you there! Our client is a leading commercial software company seeking a systems engineer who has the ability to find innovative solutions to a variety of technical and operational challenges.
• Assist team members with planning, coordinating, and implementing commercial software products within customer systems to support current and future GEOINT functions, data types, and formats
• Monitor new trends within customer tradecraft, emergent technologies for cloud services, and customer mission requirements and coordinate with the client's team to ensure new capabilities align with future needs.
• Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems
• Serve on cross-functional teams focused on transforming performance, scalability and interoperability across diverse data types and applications
• Assist the joint technical team with developing strategies for leveraging cloud-based, standards compliant web services
• Train customers on new products and applications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
• 8-10 years System Engineering experience:
o Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including the ability to configure core components and services associated with the AWS platform
o Familiarity with web server technologies to include Apache Tomcat and Apache Web Server
o Experience working with enterprise technologies including load balancing, auto-scaling and identify and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, GEOAxIS, etc.)
o Web services, to include RESTful, and Web Sockets technologies
o Networking technologies, e.g. advanced switching, network protocols, firewalls, etc.
o Storage technology and protocols used by SAN, DAS, and NAS technologies for management of large volumes of storage
o Understanding of security technologies such as HBSS
o Experience in enterprise software test development, Software as a Service, cloud computing, distributed systems, database internals, and/or analytics
• Domain knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), e.g., ArcGIS, RemoteView, SOCET GXP, ENVI, etc.
• Domain knowledge of remote sensing data types, e.g., MSI/HSI Imagery, SAR, LIDAR, etc.
• Ability to install, test and troubleshoot enterprise software within physical and cloud-based environments for both Windows and Linux platforms
• Basic software development knowledge and scripting experience, e.g. bash or batch
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Security Clearance – Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
• Security + Certification highly desired