Job: GIS Technical Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Tucker, GA
GeoSearch, Inc. is seeking a GIS Technical Manager with at least eight (8) years of experience to join our growing team at our client's project office in Tucker, GA.
Serves as GIS technical expert for GIS team on-site in client office.
Serves as task manager for junior analytical and technician staff.
Serves as project lead for “special projects” involving geometric networks, ArcGIS Pro, Mobile GIS growth, and GIS integration with other system applications.
Employs GIS standards to maintain GIS database and project organization structures.
Work independently and as part of a project team to provide GIS support during the planning, design, and construction phases of transmission line and substation projects.
- 8 years’ experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree OR Associates is required
- GIS Certificate is preferred
- GISP a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of ESRI’s full suite of applications, including Desktop, Pro, Mobile applications (front and back-end), Database Administration and GIS programming experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate project work amongst technical staff, balancing workload and client project needs
- Attention to detail and ability to apply cartographic standards in QA/QC of technician work products
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
- Demonstration of understanding of cartographic methods
- Able to monitor project deliverables, schedule, budget and report to GIS Director
- Functional knowledge of overlay analysis, suitability modeling, alternatives analysis, and least cost path algorithm
- Exposure to the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and the National Historic Preservation Act are a plus
- Able to work in a team and multitask
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
- Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
- Some field work will be required, accompany project teams to transmission line study areas and walking in proposed right-of-ways to collect GPS locations