Job: GIS Analyst, Behar Mapping LLC, East Rutherford, NJ
East Rutherford, NJ 07073 United States
$40,000 - $45,000 + Benefits
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
Develop high quality GIS datasets for clients using different types of inputs and various methods along with involvement in company’s business development efforts.
- Develop GIS datasets using aerial imagery, scanned maps, CAD files, etc. along with tabular data.
- Produce mapping products using Esri’s desktop & online solutions including maps and web-applications.
- Utilize Python scripting to enhance workflow efficiency.
- Support marketing efforts by attending local/national industry events.
- General support in any other tasks essential for the business’ success.
Education / Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on Geoinformation, Mapping, Geography, or Land Surveying.
- 1-3 years of professional GIS experience.
Knowledge / Skills Required
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 (or above) and with ArcGIS Online products.
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Python scripting and specifically with ArcPy.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?