Job: Junior GIS Business Analyst, Blue Raster, Arlington, VA
Junior GIS Business Analyst
Arlington, VA 22201 United States
• CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
• 401k with 4% employer match
• Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
• Parental Leave
• Metro Benefits
• Bike-friendly office
• Training opportunities
• Support for personal and career growth
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
We are looking for a GIS Business Analyst who is passionate about delivering projects with a positive impact to join our team in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative and possess the desire to continuously learn about the latest technologies. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
• Technical writing for proposals, blog posts, and sales and marketing materials
• Actively support project lifecycle activities including gathering requirements, testing, issue tracking, documentation, and project write ups.
• Partner with project managers to track projects and update the schedule status regularly in accordance with deliverable schedules
• Produce reports for stakeholders, senior management, and project and program managers
• Working with clients to acquire and process data and setup MXDs
• Data mining for existing, industry-standard national, state and local datasets
• Preparing GIS data for use in web mapping applications (especially ArcGIS Online & ArcGIS Server/Enterprise)
• Testing interactive web mapping applications and providing feedback/bug reports to the development team and help develop new approaches
• General research and tasks needed to support project and sales success
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
• 1-2 years of experience working in a business setting, GIS industry preferred
• Excellent organization, communication and writing skills
• Understanding and interest in data visualizations, Esri ArcGIS experience preferred
• Ability to participate in a fast paced, highly collaborative, team environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Keen interest in learning about new technology (especially interactive web mapping applications)
• Coursework in Geography/GIS or related discipline; equivalent experience will be considered.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?