NSGIS (NorthSouth GIS LLC) is a Southern California based specialty geospatial consulting and systems integration firm with a global reputation. NSGIS is an Esri Gold Partner that specializes in GIS consulting services for a diverse range of clients, including ports, water and wastewater utilities, local government, and commercial property management. We have an opening for a GIS Implementation Specialist with the following skills either in our Los Angeles office.
If you possess the required skills and experience, are a good listener, quick learner and excellent collaborator who will flourish in a fast-paced consulting environment, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements by email.
A GIS Implementation Specialist is responsible primarily for delivering complex geospatial implementations for consulting clients, and over time will take on designing and managing such implementations. Implementations may consist of many of the following elements: software installation/configuration/customization and database creation/conversion/migration/ maintenance. In all these cases the GIS Implementation Specialist has a role in liaising with the client, determining and analyzing requirements, and then executing the solution, once it has received the client’s approval. Implementation is often done with the aid of a team of NSGIS staff, contractors and partners. The GIS Implementation Specialist is responsible for translating client requirements accurately as part of the team that implements the solution and then for making sure that the solution is communicated accurately to the client. Depending on the project, the GIS Implementation Specialists may fully perform or participate in the writing of proposals, keeping projects on budget and client reporting. On many projects some or all design and management responsibilities will be assumed by a separate GIS Implementation Architect or Project Manager, while for other projects the GIS Implementation Specialist may be responsible for the entire project. GIS Implementation Specialists work closely with and often take strategic direction from NSGIS’s Services Manager.
• Provide billable GIS Implementation Specialist service hours to our clients, off-site and on-site, as needed.
• Participate in the design, analysis and documentation for proposals, client projects and internal projects.
• Provide technical analysis, design and documentation for GIS databases and systems implementation, as well as organizational analysis to the level needed to support the technical solutions proposed by NSGIS.
• Assist clients with system implementation tasks, data development and various consulting services.
• Install, configure and train users on NSGIS COTS and custom software, as well as third-party COTS software.
• Fulfill end-user requirements
• Liaise with our software development team to help translate user requirements into software specifications.
• Identify, debug, and resolve issues or document for team developers or third-party vendors to resolve.
• Write user manuals and training materials, and deliver training.
• Install, configure and manage ArcGIS Enterprise and Enterprise Geodatabases (on SQL Server / Oracle / PostgreSQL, etc.).
• Create, configure and manage ArcGIS Enterprise map and data services.
• Configure and publish ArcGIS Enterprise-based web sites using Geocortex Essentials.
• Administer NSGIS’s Azure cloud infrastructure, as well as on-premise ArcGIS Enterprise and Geocortex Essentials infrastructure.
• Participate in configuration and testing of internal projects and support the activities of the Solutions Manager
• Work as an integral part of NSGIS on projects, sharing information and interacting to fulfill client requirements.
• Establish and maintain strong, healthy relationships with clients.
• Potentially lead 2-3 person project teams.
• Remain within project budgets and schedules, help maximize company success, reputation and profitability.
• Report progress to clients, NSGIS management, and project teams.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
A personal note about who we are and how you will fit:
NSGIS is a small, successful and growing information technology consulting and software company consisting of exceptionally skilled people who specialize in GIS (Geographic Information Systems) technology. We have been around for over 20 years and continue to evolve with the industry, working for diverse clientele in transportation, utilities, local government and commercial property management. We are geospatial system integrators who help our clients to connect their IT systems through GIS and Web Map Viewers. We design and implement GIS tools and system integrations to do things such as help clients manage their properties and assets, improve collaboration, provide a spatial context for decision making and plan for security threats and emergencies. We also build, sell and support our own commercial software, Enesgy® Documents, as well as resell and implement some other firms’ software. We are a small and cohesive company, with the core team working together for over a decade now. Our office is in a vibrant and historic part of Downtown Los Angeles, known as Little Tokyo, and enjoy all the benefits of the food, events and culture.
Check us out on www.nsgis.com and www.enesgy.com.
Required Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of proven and recent paid experience with Esri GIS software, particularly ArcGIS Desktop (preferably Pro), ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
• Proven recent 2-3 years of paid experience with third-party software that link to or build on the ArcGIS platform
• Experience in spatial data creation, editing, conversion using ArcGIS and loading into an enterprise versioned geodatabase
• Hands-on experience with ArcSDE / SQL Server / Oracle enterprise versioned geodatabases
• Experience in creating ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online dynamic and cached map services, image services, locators, etc.
• Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing GIS web viewers
• Ability to work alone for extended periods while remaining motivated, efficient, and innovative – but also be able to switch into a larger team setting on other occasions
• Excellent English, both written and spoken, and comfort communicating with a variety of clients, staff, and other professionals – we mean it!
• Ability to inspire confidence in your technical abilities to our clients
• Ability to communicate in an engaging and professional manner
Helpful Skills and Experience:
• Project management experience
• Experience with water or wastewater utilities
• Experience with asset management and facilities management software administration
• Experience with ModelBuilder, Python Scripting
• Experience creating ArcGIS Enterprise geoprocessing services
• Experience with providing tech support to others
• Experience with document management systems
• Experience with deploying Geocortex Essentials sites and workflows
• Some DBA experience with SQL Server, Oracle and/or ArcGIS Enterprise
• Experience with mobile GIS apps
• ArcGIS Enterprise Administration
• Cloud computing administration (e.g. Azure or AWS)
• Comprehension of software development logic
• Experience with web development and/or web server administration
• Prior consulting experience including significant interaction with clients
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS-related field with a GIS concentration or GIS certificate
• Postgraduate GIS degree or certificate, GISP certification, Esri Certification or other recent GIS-related training
• A friendly and collaborative teammate who appreciates the value of communicating, brainstorming and sharing information
• Able to take direction easily and follow direction accurately
• Able to work productively with and without supervision
• Highly detail oriented and punctual
• Enthusiastic and career driven problem solver who enjoys widely-varied technical challenges
• Able to travel to client sites in and out of the region (typically infrequent multi-day trips or rare multi-week trips, currently in the US but potentially overseas in future)
• Willing to perform duties outside of the basic job description and quickly expand skill set into new areas
• Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
• A GIS evangelist who comfortably and enthusiastically engages non-techies in discussions about technology