Job: Survey Party Chief – Construction Layout, GeoSearch, Inc., Des Moines, IA
Survey Party Chief – Construction Layout
Des Moines, IA 50322 United States
Experienced Survey Party Chief for construction layout and other duties related to Engineering and Land Surveying. Duties would include: Construction Staking, Topographic Survey and Utility Mapping, Alta Land Title Surveys, Boundary and Retracement Surveys, and As-Built Surveys
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Construction Layout.
• Must have demonstrated abilities with functioning in one and two person survey crews.
• Have a strong mathematic background and perform mathematical calculations related construction and surveying.
• Have a working knowledge and ability to read construction plans and specifications.
• Prepare and maintain records, logs, field books and other related documentation.
• Ability to carry/lift a minimum of 50-80 lbs. and traverse over uneven terrain, up and down hills, active construction sites, undeveloped ground and wooded sections.
• Ability to dig up Property Corners and cut line through the woods on Boundary Surveys.
• Ability to pound, Property Corners to be set, in the ground. In the winter the ground will be frozen.
• Ability to pound wood hubs in the ground on Construction Surveys and Ability to climb down into a trench where Utilities are being built to “as-built” the Utility Line.
• Ability to pull and move 80 lb. Manhole Covers. Sometimes up to 20-30 a day.
• Knowledge of operating and maintaining survey equipment including Trimble GPS, Trimble Robotic Total Station, Trimble Base Stations and TSC 7 Data Collectors with Trimble Access Software.
• Have excellent communication skills and use of appropriate social skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors and the general public to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
• Reliable, regular and punctual attendance a must.
• Ability to work 50-60 hours per week during Construction Season.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?