Job: Web Data Distribution Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Denver, CO
We have an immediate need for a Web Data Distribution Specialist to work onsite at a government facility in the Denver Area. The position will provide data management support to the client for national and regional scale efforts. The candidate will support agency efforts to ensure data is organized and available, usable (high quality and easily retrieved), shareable (data is complete, screened, formatted and appropriately documented), integrated (consistent and interoperable) and interpreted (reviewed, summarized and transformed).
· Work with data stewards and data administrators to interpret business needs into data distribution and publication systems
· Assist with coordinating and integrating new and existing data distribution and publication systems to improve efficiency and the end-user experience
· Assist with training client staff and partners on how to use data distribution and publication systems (including developing training materials, presentations, etc.)
· Assist with data collection, consolidation, sharing and general data management activities
· Work with the client to document the integrity, quality, and currentness of data used in the distribution and publication systems
· Be responsible for ensuring that data requirements, data standards, access rules, and business rules are followed
· Assist with the management of data stored in various data management systems such as Geoportal Server, Microsoft Access data bases, SDE databases, file geodatabases, file storage servers etc.
· Review, create and maintain metadata to quality to client specifications
· Be aware of the client’s EGIS architecture and its various components and requirements and work with client systems engineers and managers to use appropriately
· Generate geospatial data, databases, analysis, maps, services and applications
· Demonstrate professional expertise of greater than 6 years with of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software, including extensions such as Spatial Analyst.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 3 years publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS Server.
· Demonstrate understanding of the utility and limitations of publishing data through ArcGIS Server, including pros and cons.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 3 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software. Preferences will be given to those that demonstrate using SQL Server in conjunction with ArcSDE though experience with other relational database systems is acceptable.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 5 years using ESRI Portal for ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 5 years developing, maintaining, and customizing a Sharepoint 2010 site.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years creating and validating metadata to meet specified standards. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate working with FDGC metadata standards.
· Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management by providing a minimum of 1 specific work example.
· Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements by providing a minimum of 1 specific work example.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
· Demonstrate knowledge working with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government.
· Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate experience of greater than 1 year configuring ESRI Geoportal Server.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.