Job: Office Survey Technician, Compass Surveying & Mapping, Colorado Springs, CO
Office Survey Technician
Colorado Springs, CO 80917 United States
Compass Surveying and Mapping, LLC is looking for a qualified office survey technician for our Colorado Springs office. The qualified candidate will be responsible for direct technical support to survey teams in the field by coordinating and supplying office to field information and maintaining accuracy and completeness of office and field project files.
• Accountable for the integrity and organization of all data generated or contributed to assigned survey projects.
• Process field data to office formats.
• Initiate as necessary, formal review process prior to data being released to internal or external clients.
• Prepare cut sheets for use by field crews.
• Prepare ILC's, Subdivision Plats, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys and other Plats in accordance with state statutes.
• Knowledge in Carlson Survey (preferred) or AutoCAD.
• Ability to work with mathematics and measurement systems as required by regulatory agencies.
• Ability to learn horizontal and vertical design skills and obtain a thorough understanding of electronic data transfer, including software to software and office to field through on-the-job experience.
• Survey-in-Training certification preferred; High School diploma (GED) and a minimum of 5 years of field/office surveying experience preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
-Prepare ALTA, boundary, improvement, and topographic surveys.
-Prepare as-built surveys, subdivision plats, legal descriptions and exhibits.
-Know how to read and interpret construction and architectural plans and perform calculations to aid in survey layout.
-Perform deed research, deed plotting and map checks.
-Review and understand local and state ordinances.
• Survey (field and/or office (preferred): 5 years
• Carlson or Autocad: 5 years
Education and Skills:
-Degree or Certificate in Land Surveying or related field
-Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
-Demonstrate an understanding and mid-level application of the following technical skills:
-Surveying procedures and practices
-MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
-Civil construction and architectural plan reading and interpretation
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?