Job: Pre-Sales Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Portland, OR
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Manager who will be an integral part of our commercial vertical sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle as well as ensuring proper scope development for proposal execution, and customer satisfaction. Creatively aligning client needs with our solutions, and collaboration within and across teams including proposal specialists, cost estimators, marketing, and others, are key components to success in this position. This is a player-coach role that will ensure collaboration between the Pre-Sales team, and other departments with primary responsibilities that include oversight of proposal execution and process management, conference support, content generation and oversight, scope of work comprehension, and adherence to deadlines.
• Provide technical pre-sales support & conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations if applicable, in support of Account Managers’ needs and requests.
• RFP Support: Evaluate criteria, coordinate support for entire response process, create deliverables matrices, identify timelines, and coordinate resources. Ensure client needs are met by proposal content, contribute to proposal writing as needed.
• Proposal delivery: QC, edit, and submit proposals as needed by AM’s, track status and send regular updates to team.
• Conferences: Evaluate abstract criteria, coordinate submissions. Responsible for payment of subscription fees, shipping collateral and other materials, maintaining annual conference calendar. Speaking engagements with clients at conferences are encouraged.
• Leadership: Provide day-to-day engagement with pre-sales team to ensure the team is working to achieve professional goals and supporting team targets. Coordinate and facilitate weekly meetings to track and assign pre-sales support workload.
• Communicate with the Innovation and Development and Commercial Professional Services departments on issues and opportunities identified from field observations and customer feedback.
• Provide feedback to drive product direction and features based on customer experiences
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent presentation skills, white boarding, good listening, and qualification abilities.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to audiences of varying technical aptitude. Ability to speak in terms of value propositions rather than technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of how geospatial solutions are applied within the electric utilities industry.
- Ability to understand competitive positioning and develop proposal win themes based on market differentiation
• Bachelor’s degree in geospatial, science, or engineering or related technical field
• Experience working in the geospatial / remote sensing industry
• Experience in a leadership role
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through on tasks
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Experience managing large projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with leading high-level/executive engagements
- Proven track record of demonstrating software solutions and executing successful proof of concept plans to enterprise prospects.
- Prior responsibility for all technical aspects of the sales cycle.