Job: LiDAR Production Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO
LiDAR Production Manager
Colorado Springs, CO 80920 United States
Competitive pay! Full benefit package, 3 weeks PTO, 8 paid holidays.
Remote Sensing Technician
Remote Sensing Management
Photogrammetric Systems Specialist
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
The Lidar Production Manager supervises and coordinates activities and personnel of the Lidar operations department, producing lidar data products. The position is responsible for the planning and execution of data production for multiple projects across the country. This includes managing all staff and resources while maintaining procedures and workflows to meet and/or exceed company-wide standards for quality control and production timelines. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting data and workflow problems, in coordination with international colleagues, while also contributing to new developments in workflows, software, manuals, and training. Performs production work in these areas as required.
• Prepare, manage, and update project schedule and activity tracking including project timeline estimation and task assignments
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with datasets and workflows
• Support field operations when required to assess or diagnose potential quality concerns
• Review and revise quality control processes to meet customer expectations
• Develop standard processes and documentation required for project executions
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation of project tasks, progress, scope changes and communication internally and externally
• Support and track change management activities in project scope
• Coordinate with business units to support key company objectives
• Optimize and prioritize resources to exceed key KPI’s for project success
• Responsible for analyzing production costs, develop cost containment methods, efficiency monitoring, and oversee the departmental budget
• Manages department production staff to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and supervising work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and escalating complaints to management
A minimum of six years’ experience in lidar calibration, lidar classification, and lidar product generation consistent with Geospatial industry and company standards (ASPRS Specifications, FEMA, Specifications, and USGS Lidar Base Specifications). Knowledge of lidar technology, ABGNSS/IMU data and its use, lidar calibration techniques, lidar accuracy assessment and reporting. Familiarity of FGDC metadata standards.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. or related field. Prefer Master’s Degree and/or CMS
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?