Job: Senior GIS Consultant, GeoSearch, Inc., Remote, MO
Senior GIS Consultant
Remote, MO 99999 United States
Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
Geospatial Senior Level Specialist
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
IT Software Development
GeoSearch, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior GIS Consultant who can provide strategic consulting and program/project management support for large clients on Enterprise GIS implementations. In this role you will apply your extensive GIS knowledge and expertise in support of application development projects or GIS enterprise implementations in large utility settings. Consulting services may include strategic planning and analysis, requirements definition, logical and physical project designs, database design and development, and system integration consulting. Management services may include oversight of project timelines and deliverables, establishment of budgets and schedules, allocation of staff and resources, oversight of subcontractor activities. This position will also include support of territory sales and marketing strategies and assistance in creating and executing evergreen, strategic account plans for our valuable clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Program Manager and Project Managers in developing scopes of services, detailed project budgets, schedules and contracts for review and approval.
- Document, analyze, and provide recommendations for improving business process and applications workflows related to an Enterprise GIS
- Develop project reports, diagrams, and implementation plans related to Enterprise GIS assessments and strategic planning projects
- Conducts project status meetings with the client and project team to discuss project tasks, project schedules, project budgets, and other project life cycle meetings as needed.
- Provides technical oversight and quality assurance of all completed work. Assures that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project and ensures project milestones are kept.
- Establish and maintain strong, healthy professional relationships with clients, teammates, partners and affiliates, across multiple geographies
- Remain within project budgets and schedules, and help maximize company success, reputation and profitability
- Attends Trade shows as needed.
- Gives presentations to current/potential clients in remote, on-site or conference setting.
- Work with Business Unit leadership to align market opportunities with custom-tailored sales strategies.
- Assist the Contracts team to successfully negotiate legal agreements.
- Facilitate activities between clients and the Business Development organization to ensure strategic alignment and profitable growth.
- Develop high-value relationships to gain influence with key client decision-makers (“Power Sponsors”).
- Embrace and support the execution of strategic account planning process.
- Attend personal development training and leadership conferences as directed.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project team and management staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer, or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- 10+ years of experience with Esri / ArcGIS software (Desktop and Server technologies)
- At least 5-10 years of related GIS/IT consulting experience specializing in requirements management, application setup/configuration, and deployment.
- Experience with design, integration and implementation of ArcGIS for Server-based enterprise GIS solutions
- Ability and willingness to create complete and detailed documentation (architecture, troubleshooting, procedures, specifications, proposals etc.)
- Solid opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to blend an understanding of the customer’s business climate, budgets, organizational structure, personalities, and decision-making criteria to expand business.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database and word-processing applications.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to manage personnel, oversee direction and ensure department goals are met.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL Server database design and administration
- Experience managing large GIS/IT projects or clients
- Professional GIS experience in the utility sector is a plus.
- Strong technical writing capabilities
- Experience with programming in either Python, SQL or VBA
- Experience with core enterprise software applications, including major ERP applications (SAP, Maximo, etc.)
- Experience working with Esri’s UPDM and Utility Network is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of CRM programs (i.e. Salesforce) preferable.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?