Job: GIS Coordinator, GeoSearch, Inc., Parker, CO
Parker, CO 80134 United States
Salary $73,320-$87,984 annual
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Utilities Specialist - Water-Wastewater
We are actively looking for a GIS Coordinator who will administer, coordinate and provide strategic direction for the geographic information system (GIS) department. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the GIS department in data entry, editing, annotating and manipulating digitized data to create automated maps and maintain the GIS database. You will be responsible for developing models for the water and wastewater systems and inserting as-built drawings into the GIS database.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain the District’s facility mapping system through use of graphic information systems (GIS).
• Supervises assigned functions and junior GIS personnel including assignment of daily activities, mentoring, reviewing/approving timesheets and contributing to annual evaluations.
• Administers the GIS internship program, including assignment of daily activities, mentoring and reviewing/approving timesheets.
• Plans, coordinates and directs GIS activities.
• Performs complex systems management functions for the GIS users and systems.
• Assists with training and instruction to District GIS users.
• Develop a dynamic model of the District’s water and wastewater systems using ESRI ArcGIS software, Innovyze, InfoWater, and InfoSewer.
• Interface with local government agencies to ensure that both the District and other agencies share the most recent GIS databases available.
• Receive and review as-constructed drawings (both hard copy and electronic file) from developers’ engineers and notify them of any required corrections.
• Gather missing or additional data using a Trimble survey-grade GPS unit.
• Research records including but not limited to easements and plats as necessary.
• Read and interpolate legal descriptions and exhibits as needed.
• Attend technical and safety training meetings, courses, and seminars as required.
• Perform routine cleanup and housekeeping of work areas and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Solid knowledge of GIS principles and practices specific to water and sewer utilities.
• Solid computer knowledge including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Trimble Business Center, Visual Basic, Innovyze InfoWater and InfoSewer, and GIS software such as ArcGIS. Solid knowledge of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for the GIS.
• Solid data entry skills are required for accurate maintenance of a GIS geodatabase.
• Basic knowledge of general construction and civil engineering principles.
• Basic knowledge of safety procedures, use of personal protective equipment, and the ability to apply safety principles. Ability to anticipate unsafe circumstances, act accordingly to prevent accidents, and promptly report accidents and hazardous conditions.
• Ability to direct, coach and train junior GIS staff of various education, certification and practical skill levels.
• Ability to interpret and use information from maps, plans, specifications, regulations, blueprints, and technical documentation.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, organize activities in order to complete tasks in accordance with priorities, address multiple demands and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with broad direction and limited supervision. Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, contractors, developers and the general public.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or related field of study is required.
• Minimum requirement of five years’ experience in designing and building GIS databases specifically for water and sewer utilities.
• Minimum requirement of five years’ experience in developing and maintaining a water distribution system model and a sewer collection system model.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a Motor Vehicle Record within the acceptable limits of the District’s insurance company.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?