Job: Proposal Coordinator, GeoSearch, Inc., Golden, CO
This company provides premier sensing and analytics solutions for commercial, federal, state, and military organizations. The company integrates best-in-class drone aircraft with the most advanced sensors. When combined with the company's engineered processes, advanced software, and analytics, clients receive unparalleled data and actionable intelligence to improve their business.
We are building a team of highly-skilled solution engineers to work directly with customers to define product development including sensing and analytics technologies. As a member of the Sales team, you will use your skills as a problem solver and technologist to add value for our clients. We’re looking for individuals who are natural evangelists for sensors, data, and the insightful information they can provide. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will work closely with our Sales, Flight Operations, and Solutions Engineering staff in compiling, editing, and writing proposal documents.
• Account Managers / Sales Representatives
• Project Managers
• Flight Team
• Data Analysts
• External Technology Providers
• The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the proposal development process and will assist in designing, drafting, and finalizing proposals.
• Sales Support. Assist sales representatives in completing project estimates, proposals, and similar support necessary to win sales on specific projects
• Communicate. Translate business requirements to technical requirements and create proposals to effectively present the company's solution to the prospect/customer
• Assemble proposal documents in various software formats, and work with others assembling proposal documents, in professional and PR type documents that are marketing quality products
• Write and edit project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting information
• Participate with Solutions Advisors in the selection and recommendation of appropriate projects and personnel to be included in proposal, according to the request for proposal (RFP)
• Compile technical writing based on summary points or examples provided by others
• Proofread, edit and standardize proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and style
• Work with the proposal team (i.e. Sales, Operations, and Contracts Departments) to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Maintain electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols and ensure all proposal documentation is stored and archived in the established electronic file structure.
• Grow. Be willing to become an expert in a technical domain or in a client industry
• Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Coordinator position, as directed by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in GIS, Land Surveying, Remote Sensing, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of a challenge until it is solved
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial and/or US Federal proposal coordination
• 2+ years of experience working in the creation of proposals for the company's target industries: Utilities, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Land Development, Engineering, Mining, Land Survey.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
• Proven ability to prioritize and balance multiple, sometimes changing priorities
• Must be able to work efficiently and rapidly with the ability to change direction to meet quick turn-around deliverables.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• 2+ years of experience with manned or unmanned sensing technology (i.e. UAS)
• Experience in a technical sales support role
• Working knowledge of CRM systems (i.e. SalesForce.com)
• Demonstrated experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design