Job: LiDAR Analyst, GeoSearch, Inc., Athens, AL
The LiDAR Analyst is responsible for performing geospatial data creation, analysis and processing, calibration and classification of LiDAR data and associated final product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand commonly applied standards for the application of LiDAR data, such as those published by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), the U.S. Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) or other national equivalents.
• Extract information to meet the needs of specific applications.
• Perform classification of LiDAR data within budgeted hours.
• Adhere to quality control procedures.
• Perform Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) processing using provided software.
• Perform Inertial GPS processing using provided software.
• Work effectively under direct supervision of project managers or design leads.
• Prepare output data for delivery to both internal and external clients.
• Track and report progress of data processing for specific assignments on a regular and timely basis.
• Ensure digital media and related sources are properly stored and archived.
• Develop and maintain a professional rapport with team members.
• Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project team and management staff.
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Technical expertise in the areas of Remote Sensing, Geomatics, Surveying, Geography, GIS and/or Civil Engineering.
• Knowledge of commonly applied standards including but not limited to ASPRS and FGDC.
• Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database, word-processing, and CAD applications. TerraSolid, ESRI, and Microstation knowledge preferred.
• Fundamental understanding of spatial point data concepts.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to analyze and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. GIS, Geography, or Civil Engineering degree preferred.
• Experience with LiDAR, Remote Sensing, Surveying, Utilities, and Corridor Mapping preferred.
• Professional certification is preferred.