Job: Geospatial Software Engineer – Remote Location, GeoSearch, Inc., Palo Alto, CA
Geospatial Software Engineer – Remote Location
Palo Alto, CA 99999 United States
IT Software Development
As our lead of the geospatial system, you will be designing and implementing in-database algorithms for geospatial analytic functions. You have keen interest in spatial algorithms and techniques. You find high performance computing and distributed systems interesting. You are passionate about pushing the boundaries of performance and usability of GIS systems and dig the opportunity of integrating a GIS system inside a high performance, distributed database system.
We value collaboration, courtesy, and have a work hard/play hard culture. We offer a rewarding environment in which you will work with a peer group that is technically bright and fearless in taking on hard challenges.
• Lead the design and evolution of our client's geospatial functionality
• Work on integrating in-database geospatial functions
• Lead design discussions
• Make design contributions outside of your primary area
• Help troubleshoot issues encountered in the field
• You have 5+ years’ experience designing and developing software that users are successfully running in production.
• You have experienced the cycle of design, development and customer release.
• You are passionate about high performance and find it exciting to work on parallel processing and distributed systems
• Fundamental computer science – as many of the following areas of experience:
o Representation and storage of vector and raster data for geographic information, Shapefiles
o Spatial datatypes, functions and algorithms
o Internals of PostGIS and the PostgreSQL
o SQL and relational databases
o Massively parallel distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of and experience with C, C++
• Experience with Java is a plus
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?