Job: Drone / UAV Pilot, GeoSearch, Inc., Golden, CO
As the Drone Pilot, you will be held accountable for more than just piloting an aircraft. Also known as the Field Operations Technician (FOT), you will be responsible for conducting field data acquisition with a variety of tools including land survey tools, unmanned aircraft, and remote sensors. You will frequently travel across the country to acquire high quality data in a safe, effective, and compliant manner. The FOT takes direction from the Flight Group Leader and Project Manager, who provides all information needed to accomplish a mission.
-Professionalism. Represent the company with a professional, positive, can-do attitude.
- Mobility. Travel throughout the United States, 25-75% of the time. Having a flexible schedule and limited outside engagements are helpful.
- Preparation. Perform compliance checks, airspace reviews, mission planning, and mission debriefs
- Data Acquisition. Conduct data acquisition (LiDAR, photogrammetry, magnetometer) and operate equipment such as small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS), GPS, RTK, total stations, and other data acquisition equipment to meet project requirements.
- Problem-solving. Solve real-time problems, both technical and mechanical, and perform limited equipment repairs in the field.
- Piloting. Ability or willingness to learn to fly both multi-rotor and large single-rotor platforms.
Experience with survey or topographic field data collection.
Part 107 certificate or the ability to obtain it before starting work.
Understanding of FAA Part 107 regulations and procedures.
Understands proper checklist, manual, and SOP use and integration.
Demonstrate competency in operational logistics and field operations.
Organizational skills and attention to detail.
Understands record management, flight log management, maintenance log management, and training folder requirements.
Successful completion of a background check and i9 e-verification.
25-50 hours of flight experience with RC or UAS operations.
Experience with both multi-rotor and single rotor platforms
Understands the full spectrum integration of UAS operations to include Flight planning, compliance, flight coordination, risk mitigation, and flight operations.
Land Survey experience; ideally, Professional Land Survey License
Bachelors or Associates Degree in related field. One (1) year of directly related experience will be considered, in lieu of formal education.