Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, California, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, North Dakota, Ohio, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
Vice President, GIS Business Unit Focus Areas VP
• Proven leader
• Possess strong written communications, both business and technical
• Extensive knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job Management
• Reports directly to the Sr. Vice President, North America
• This position will oversee the utilization of resources, (North American based, India-based, and/or contract)
• Corporate headquarters preferred, other locations considered
• The ideal candidate will live in/near a metropolitan area with an international airport
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or related field, willing to substitute relevant work experience with education requirement.
• 10 – 15+ years relevant experience
• Electric and Gas utility experience.
• Geographic Information Systems experience.
• Experience with off-shore operations.
• Consideration will be made for experience in the market.
- Leads the GIS Business Program
- Analyzes new business requirements and advises leadership team on the most effective approach and resolution to issues
- Direct responsibility for Department Heads running Operations, Account Management, and Consulting
- Provides recommendations to leadership team on areas for improvement through the collection and evaluation of operational, service and performance data
- Direct responsibility for creating and managing annual cost and revenue budgets
- Aid in building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients and external partners
- Engage in relationship-building with other organizations and individuals, independently and with a team
- Contribute to organizational strategy, business model development, and planning activities