Job: Senior Account Manager - Utilities, GeoSearch, Inc., Remote, MN
Senior Account Manager - Utilities
Remote, MN 99999 United States
Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
Utilities Specialist - Electric
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Utilities Specialist - Gas-Coal
Utilities Specialist - Nuclear Energy
Utilities Specialist - Solar-Wind-Other
Utilities Specialist - Water-Wastewater
This position is responsible for ensuring the sale of our client's data, software and professional services solutions to utility customers, management of specified accounts and support of various other sales related activities associated with the position. The work requires the ability to access and interact with senior executives and directors at utilities and select telecommunications companies and work across any aspect of a prospect’s business units.
Territory, accounts and other associated responsibilities will be determined based upon the successful candidate’s experience, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Proven successful record of accomplishment of five (5) or more years of experience selling large and complex data and technical solutions to utilities and telecommunications companies including data services sales, software sales, professional services, and managed services data solutions sales, as well as managing a potentially large number of accounts over a large territory.
- Proven track record of meeting sales goals, including quotas, managing and building key accounts, managing territory.
- Focus on sales efforts by planning and pursuing new business and make appropriate adjustments based on the prospect’s needs, which can include general communications, presentations, demonstrations, etc. and will include leadership in coordinating work with other internal sales support and delivery staff.
- Negotiation and closing skills, self-motivated, goal-focused, ability to develop strong customer relations and strong presentation skills.
- Provide leadership direction and direct contribution toward development of sales documents including bids, presentations, reports, etc.
- Provide routine and customary internal sales planning and execution reporting based on sales goals and as required by the company.
- Attend industry trade shows and other identified meetings as required, contribute to development of technical papers and presentations as required, and attend periodic company meetings.
- Contribute to direct sales as a team effort and provide constructive input to solutions, products, and services and to the sales organization through the execution of work.
- Build, prioritize, and manage an extensive pipeline of work that leads to consistent annual sales quota achievement.
- Work independently, coordinate sales support, and collaborate with a diverse interdisciplinary team, including business partners, to sell and close business.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, listening skills, customer-facing skills.
- Strong understanding of gas and electric utility operational business structures, business challenges, budget processes, and operational and business systems and experience selling within gas and electric utilities.
- Fundamental understanding of the gas and electric marketplace, trends, and competition.
- Willingness to travel at levels consistent with the position and the location of accounts in the US and possibly Canada, with potential for international travel.
Experience and Education Required:
Minimum of 5 years of proven successful sales experience to the gas and electric utility industry.
Education: Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, GIS, cartography/geography, or a related field.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?