Job: Solutions Engineer – Vienna, VA or St. Louis, MO, GeoSearch, Inc., St. Louis, MO
District of Columbia, Maryland, Missouri, Virginia
Full time, perm role with full benefits. 80-110K per year is likely, may be higher for a more senior level individual.
We are actively recruiting for Solutions Engineer with strong GIS background to serve the DoD and Intelligence community. Security clearance is required (Secret or higher).
You will work closely with clients to establish solutions to make them successful, broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business, and help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns.
• 5-7+ years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using tools, performing spatial analysis, and employing location data
• 5-7+ years of relevant experience in the defense, installation management, campus mapping, and/or asset security fields
• Demonstrated curiosity to explore the ArcGIS platform and apply technology to develop success around customer use cases
• Innovative mindset enabling the creation and demonstration of the right solution in partnership with our customers and customer technology
• Relevant experience using current GIS technology and leveraging the full enterprise suite of ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Indoors, ArcGIS for AutoCAD, ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, or APIs and interfaces to demonstrate patterns of use
• Understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, networking, servers, databases, web services, virtualization, cloud computing)
• Experience managing and working with ArcGIS databases, data stores, repositories, and services
• Experience with cloud computing concepts and environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
• Demonstrated experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design as well as an understanding of sales and business development processes
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
• Remarkable presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills at the technical and executive level
• Ability to travel domestically up to 30%
• US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
• Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
• Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to application deployment and system architecture
• Experience incorporating real-time information streams with existing GIS data and IT infrastructure
• Understanding and use of CAD, Revit, and other industry tools
• Basic understanding of artificial intelligence/machine learning concepts
• Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development