Job: Geomatics Technician – Field Operations (Remote opportunity), Terra Remote Sensing (USA) Inc., Portland, OR
Geomatics Technician – Field Operations (Remote opportunity)
Portland, OR 99999 United States
Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
Salary will commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience. Location in the U.S is also flexible for this role.
Remote Sensing Technician
Aerial Systems Operator - Photographer
Terra is an international mapping company specializing in the acquisition, analyses, and production of spatial data. We offer world-class expertise in digital airborne mapping, hydrographic charting, marine geophysics, and Geomatics support services.
Terra is seeking an experienced full-time Field Geomatics Technician who has 1+ years of industry experience as an operator in aerial data acquisition to be part of our Aerial Survey Team. This role includes lidar and image surveys, GPS ground control, data validation, analysis as well as processing and reporting of results. This role is ideal for someone who is located in the U.S Pacific Northwest as there will be frequent travel to Victoria B.C to Terra Remote's parent office.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Field Survey Operations, responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Aerial lidar, aerial photography, and specialized imaging surveys for clients within various sectors (Forestry, Transportation, Electrical Transmission, etc.).
• Mission and logistical planning and execution; including, but not limited to coordinating equipment preparation, checklists, process forms, etc.
• Monitoring system performance, real-time and post-acquisition data analysis, and quality control procedures to ensure completeness and high-quality data is surveyed and maintained throughout a project lifecycle.
• GPS grounds surveys to position and validate the aerial results. Designing and implementing GPS control networks on passive monuments or using active control, RTK surveys.
• Processing, calibrating and analyzing data collected from remote sensing equipment (lidar, digital photography, specialized imaging sensors, etc.).
• Proactively performing maintenance and testing in order to ensure proper working condition of equipment – hardware, firmware, software and interdependencies.
• Support for the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions and documentation relevant to the Aerial Survey Department.
• 1+ years of industry operator experience in surveying and mapping. Experience with remote sensing such as lidar surveying or processing, GPS surveying, and orthoimagery are deemed assets.
• Undergraduate degree or related diploma in a related Surveying program.
• Working knowledge of field survey operations using rotary airframes and/or small fixed-wing.
• Experience using multi-based, single-based, and smart based positioning for aerial systems.
• Willingness and ability to travel. The U.S., Canada and Latin America are frequent locales for projects.
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish is considered an asset.
• Experience with prioritization, multi-tasking, and troubleshooting independently while working in remote areas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• A valid and clear criminal record check is required.
• Dual citizenship for Canada/U.S or permanent residency status in the United States is considered a significant asset.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Salary will commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience along with a well-rounded benefits package will be offered.
Terra is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Human Resources.
For additional information please visit our website at http://www.terraremote.com/
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?