Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Idaho, Illinois, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
Do you like drones? Do you want to be a pioneer and join the front lines of using drone technology to enable smarter decisions in business?
Fantastic – we do, too! Our client is a global leader in developing and integrating commercial drone technology and they are pushing the boundaries of what's possible with drone technology.
We are currently seeking a Senior LiDAR Solutions Engineer based in Raleigh, NC or in a home office in the United States. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join an expanding team of professionals seeking to create not only the best solutions but new solutions for our clients.
As a Senior LiDAR Solutions Engineer, you will provide functional and technical support for the pre-sales process and for post sales training and data processing. Solutions Engineers work with Enterprise Sales Managers to understand prospective client challenges and develop LiDAR-based technical solution proposals. After a sale is complete, they perform client training on LiDAR hardware and assist with LiDAR data processing. Specific responsibilities for the Senior Solutions Engineer on the LiDAR team includes:
• Conducting pre-sales demonstrations
• Leading the development of technical and functional content for client proposals
• Presenting solutions at client and industry events
• Providing pre-sales support to sales team members in client meetings
• Leading LiDAR training engagements for clients including hardware, software and data processing
• Completing LiDAR data processing from start to finish with LiDAR sensors
• Working closely with field staff to ensure data quality
• Working closely with project managers to create the best solutions for our clients
• Utilizing new technology to improve workflows and products
• Troubleshooting and solve issues for the company and clients
• Serving as a key member of the LiDAR team to plan for the growth of the business
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels
• Experience working with clients and prospects to understand their challenges and proposing ways in which drone technology can solve those challenges
• Experience utilizing major Geospatial software platforms and LiDAR software platforms including but not limited to Riegl software, Applanix Software, Microstation, TopoDOT, Terrascan and other LiDAR software.
• Technical knowledge of leading LiDAR hardware and software including Riegl and Geodetics.
• General knowledge and understanding of geography.
• Solid understanding of photogrammetry principles, remote-sensing, and other tasks that compliment LiDAR projects.
• Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem-solving abilities
• Proven ability to multitask between different projects.
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly, critically assess challenges and propose and implement effective solutions
• Strong planning and prioritization skills
• Effective public speaker who can communicate with technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management and personal organization skills
• Bachelor’s degree