Colorado, Virginia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - British Columbia, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - New Brunswick, Canada - Newfoundland/Labrador, Canada - Northwest Territories, Canada - Nova Scotia, Canada - Nunavut, Canada - Ontario, Canada - Prince Edward, Canada - Quebec, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Yukon
Trimble is looking to fill a Network Engineer opportunity in Westminster, CO, or remote (U.S. or Canada).
Being based in the Trimble office in Westminster, CO, you will become part of a very motivated, globally distributed team of network operations engineers with Global Navigational Satellite Systems (GNSS) and information technology (IT) backgrounds, who operate networks of GNSS reference stations and server stacks in several data centers worldwide to deliver Trimble’s unprecedented global real-time service CenterPoint RTX™, along with the well-established portfolio of regional Trimble® VRS Now™ real-time services. These are subscription-based GNSS correction streaming services that are delivered from our server systems via internet or satellite broadcast and which enable our customers to do precise GNSS positioning.
You will work on project teams responsible for service expansion and technology deployment project initiatives as well as operations and maintenance to keep networks running optimally. A significant amount of domestic travel and limited international travel will be required for training purposes, site reconnaissance and installation visits, business partner negotiations, contractor assessment and training visits, and team meetings, as well as network support and deployment needs.
* Conducting site reconnaissance, assessing against established criteria, implementing quality assurance measures (i.e., multipath mitigation), and making on-site and remote determinations of site suitability.
* Conducting base station site license agreement (contract) negotiations with individual property owners and
channel partners to grow and solidify partnerships for network expansion.
* Configuring, testing, and deploying GNSS base station hardware, configuring and deploying home and small business internet router equipment, updating receiver firmware versions, troubleshooting and rectifying configuration problems, and performing or coordinating additional lifecycle maintenance functions for network components.
* Working on and off grid to perform remote station engineering and installation.
* Providing remote and onsite technical support for base station installation and operation, including initial connection, testing and quality assurance.
* Managing logistics and ensuring adequate provisions for regional hardware deployments. Procuring, stocking, and tracking inventory and maintaining a well-organized work environment and storage space.
* Managing shipping and receiving of GNSS base station network hardware within project scope.
* Ensuring contracts, contacts, access information, photographs, metadata, hardware and firmware information, and other required documentation are appropriately organized and filed in accordance with specification and business processes.
* Contributing to project coordination on project teams and reporting on project status, cost, risks and issues.
* Operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving high-availability, high-redundancy IT networks and Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure to ensure continuous service delivery for a worldwide real-time customer base.
RTX™ Server software operation and Trimble Pivot Platform software operation.
* Station position calculation and continuous position monitoring.
* Second-level customer support (technical support), including testing and quality assurance.
* Domestic travel up to 75%; some limited international travel required.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
?Skills & Experience Required:
* Working experience of 2-5 years in related/similar field (e.g., GNSS base station, satellite dish, or cell phone tower antenna installations) with proven ability to plan and accomplish technical field work.
* Basic IT, GNSS, and power systems knowledge.
* Physical ability to coordinate and perform equipment installations in the field; ability to lift 50-100 pounds, work on ladders and operate lift trucks, and to perform work a varied work schedule in adverse weather conditions to complete base station installations around site owner/host availability.
* Practical knowledge of electronics and engineering principles behind network design and configuration.
* Basic understanding of the principles of the electromagnetic spectrum, satellite communications, and cellular telephony.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills in English within technical context; other languages a plus.
* A willingness to learn and interact with a team with an open mind, while maintaining a sense of humor.
* University degree in geomatics, geodetic surveying, information technology (IT), or related engineering disciplines
* Professional experience in IT operations, construction, surveying, electrical, or precision agriculture applications
* Knowledge of RTK and geodetic network base station setup and operation principles
* GNSS hardware sales experience
* Low voltage antenna installation experience, including knowledge of lightning surge protection, and associated licensure or certification
* Hands-on experience with Trimble or another brand GNSS hardware and software
* Working proficiency with Google Apps for Work