Job: GIS Analyst / Programmer, Mason, Bruce & Girard, San Ramon, CA
About the Position
PG&E has need for multiple GIS analysts/programmers as well as mobile and online data management and development support. Work on this project would require proficiency in GIS including but not limited to GIS analysis and programming, ArcGIS Online, and mobile data workflows. Work will be onsite at PG&E offices and could be based in San Ramon, California. Work is a full-time salaried position.
The GIS Analyst will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
• GIS analysis: Use standard ArcGIS operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support multi-resource analysis in support of planning
o Automation via Python and SQL programming
o Construct and maintain GIS databases.
o Data intake
o Preparation of mobile data schemas
o ArcGIS Online processes and data management
o Data quality control and editing
o Data analytics and reporting
o Interaction with field staff and project managers
o Understand and utilize metadata to document as well as determine appropriate use of data.
• Contribute to technical reports as required
• Demonstrate GIS products and/or train others in techniques.
• Responsible for accurate and timely deliverables and documentation for all projects.
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of high-quality GIS products.
• Actively promotes MB&G as a premier provider of natural resource consulting services.
In order to excel at the GIS Analyst/Programmer position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Work-related experience pertaining to GIS and natural resource and/or utilities management highly desired.
• Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS software 10.3 or later.
• Ability to work effectively within the ArcGIS online environment
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
• Intermediate GIS data modeling and database development skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
• Experience with mobile applications.
• Experience using Python, SQL
• Experience using Web AppBuilder or other development tools, a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Client service oriented.
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resource consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government, and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team/ or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.