Job: ESRI Engineer, GeoSearch, Inc., Rockville, MD
As the ESRI Engineer, you will work with the infrastructure leads for the Department of Commerce to determine requirements to support the 2020 Decennial Census. You will work closely with assessment teams to ensure that the design and implementation of the infrastructure will support the performance requirements of the 2020 Census. You will document the required architecture and interface with the USCB regularly.
The successful candidate will have GIS experience and a background in ArcGIS suite of applications, tools and APIs. You must be well versed in cloud computing concepts, specifically on AWS Cloud Services and associated processes, systems and integration. You will provide technical support and general troubleshooting of BMC Remedy and associated ITSM applications, databases and other systems. Additionally, you must have experience in change management, implementation, and processing with 1+ years experience in any scripting language.
- Detail oriented self-starter capable of working independently.
- Bachelors in in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related STEM fields
- Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technologies
- Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Center Operations (Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, - Data Base Management, Systems Management, Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices)
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- Meets and manages Customer needs and provides clear status (weekly, monthly, PMR, ad-hoc);
- Collaborate with enterprise engineering and architecture teams
- Develop and defend conceptual, logical, physical diagrams and content
- Align design documentation with appropriate development methodology
- Provide support for the development of Infrastructure Documentation to meet government requirements such as but not limited to:
- Concept of Infrastructure Design and Operations
- Infrastructure Architecture and Roadmap
- Familiarity working with Linux/UNIX and Windows systems
- Work closely with Application Assessment teams within the ESRI space to ensure that the Infrastructure design can support segment specific Decennial 2018 test and 2020 production requirements
- Demonstrated familiarity with Infrastructure scope including:
- Disaster recovery
- Network Operations Center and the Security Operations Center
- Enterprise services including, but not limited to, Identity Management, Directory Services, and BOC
Enterprise Active Directory
- Integrated environments which include development, testing, staging, and production