Job: GIS Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Miles City, MT
Miles City, MT 99999 United States
Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota
Full-time, 12 months with option to extend an additional 6 months. W-2 position with benefits.
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are seeking a GIS Specialist to work directly with a federal government client in Miles City, MT. The position will support the client’s field office and will focus on developing priority geospatial datasets, consolidating and organizing existing datasets, and assessing and reporting status and quality of geospatial data for landscape-level projects.
Geospatial Data Management/Database Tasks:
- Research, identify and acquire specific data from staff within the office to develop those data into geospatial layers that conform to defined data standards, which are topologically correct and are documented in accordance with Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) and the required metadata standards. Data may exist in multiple formats such as paper records, digital raster products, and digital vector products.
- Convert all formats of data acquired into geospatial files using either file-based geodatabase or a versioned enterprise geodatabase as directed
- Create a process and method for each dataset using appropriate workflows such that geospatial data flows from the resources area to the field datasets
- Prepare maps to demonstrate progress or to illustrate data complexities and issues
- Generate geospatial data, databases, analysis, maps, services and applications according to standards or specifications. Document any development activities for future usage within the organization.
- Communicate workflows for data maintenance and quality improvements to field office personnel
- Provide demonstrations and briefings for field office staff on progress and results, and with Principle Investigators and the federal Task Manager for all aspects of the work.
- Prepare and weekly status/progress report
- Attend required federal trainings and orientation as scheduled
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a natural resources field preferred
- Professional experience of greater than 3 years with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software
- Preference will be given to those with experience with ArcGIS Desktop10.3 or higher
- Demonstrated professional experience of greater than 3 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software
- Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard
- Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating experience using ESRI ModelBuilder, Python or similar products.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?