Job: GIS Developer, GeoSearch, Inc., Houston, TX
We are looking for a seasoned Geospatial (GIS) Developer with strong technical expertise and experience working in large GIS projects.
The Sr. GIS Developer builds desktop and web mapping applications for use in conjunction with web services provided by ESRI’s ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS and custom IIS-based WCF/WebAPI services that interface with data storage formats primarily consisting of Oracle and SQL Server based ArcSDE geodatabases in addition to file/personal geodatabases, shapefiles and other flat file-based data.
You should be located in Houston, TX, or willing to relocate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Geography, GIS, MIS, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience utilizing the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE in conjunction with the .NET 2.0 - 4.6 Framework CLRs primarily using the Visual C# programming language (familiarity with Visual Basic and Visual C++ viewed as an added benefit).
- 5+ years of experience creating Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Microsoft WebAPI/WebAPI 2.0 services to generate CSV, HTML, JSON & XML responses.
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL involving left/right/outer/inner joins, stored procedures, DML triggers, DDL triggers, Logon triggers, views, functions, etc.
- 8+ years of experience with the ESRI ArcGIS Platform beginning with version 9.x through 10.x. Including the following products: ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server (Windows or Linux), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Image - Server/ArcGIS Image Extension for Server, Portal for ArcGIS 2.x/Portal for ArcGIS Extension, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- 5+ years of experience with installing, configuring and administering ArcGIS Server including exposure to the ArcGIS Server REST API Admin.
- 5+ years of experience with ArcGIS for Desktop creating map documents that use spatial data stored in multiple formats. This includes authoring map documents specifically used to publish services on ArcGIS Server.
- 5+ years of experience with geodatabase development using ArcSDE in conjunction with Oracle 10g or higher and SQL Server 2008R2 or higher.
- 5+ years of experience in Python 2.6.x scripting to create geoprocessing modules specifically using the ESRI ArcPy site package.
- 2+ years of experience with ESRI ArcObjects (.NET or Java)
- 2+ years of experience with installing, configuring and administering Portal for ArcGIS (experience with federation of ArcGIS Servers is considered a plus) in conjunction with the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition version Beta through 1.2) including exposure to the Portal for ArcGIS REST API Admin. Extensive experience with ArcGIS Online will be considered in lieu of hands-on experience with Portal for ArcGIS.
- Demonstrable experience with managing source code repositories, continuous code integration, task and bug tracking with tools like Git, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Practical experience in Agile software development methodologies including the Scrum process framework with sprint-based development cycles.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experiences with frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Ember, Knockout, etc. and libraries like JQuery, Modernizr, MooTools, Dojo and experience with TypeScript are a plus.
- Xamarin mobile application development utilizing ESRI Native SDKs for Android and iOS are a plus.