Job: Geospatial Data Systems Architect, GeoSearch, Inc., Lakewood, CO
This is a Full-time, 24 months with an option to extend 12 additional months.
We are seeking a Geospatial Data Systems Architect to work directly with our federal government client at the Federal Center in Lakewood, Colorado. The successful candidate will possess specific technical skills and expertise to provide geospatial data implementation options and support with a concentration in Enterprise Geospatial Corporate Databases solutions, SQL server, Python scripting, R, Survey 123 and ArcGIS Server. These technical skills and expertise would include overall system development, program integration solutions, system transition support, and documentation of software configuration to supported programs.
- Design and develop both web and/or desktop-based geospatial tools for all resources within the federal client’s land management and monitoring programs, meeting specific requirements in addition to standardization to support the required processes for security and data standards
- Coordinate configuration and maintenance of the geospatial tools developed by other contractors and federal employees, including reuse and recycle of tool components and scripting logic and/or snippets. Standardize methodology to address consistent data needs between resources.
- Lead and assist in creation of field-based data collection in Survey 123 or similar
- Create standard automation methods and protocols that address the needs of all inventory monitoring resources. Work with the federal data team to implement the standard methods and protocols.
- Provide trainings and/or agile sprint reviews of geospatial tools during development for user review and feedback as well as training on use of final products
- Ensure the full documentation the each geospatial tool as needed including scripting, model, and workflow documentation as well as development of help files and user guides
- Help define technical challenges and approaches for anticipated needs of the program as they relate to system changes, software updates, changing needs, and transitioning requirements and guide the data team through the technical adaptations
- Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using geospatial tools
- Be able to communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical partners and user base
- Participate in weekly team calls
- Prepare weekly status reporting in a format agreed upon by the Contract Officer’s Representative (COR)
- Help enforce National naming convention of ArcGIS Server GIS Services, filename, and folder
- Review, create and maintain metadata to federal specifications for datasets and service.
- Attend regular meetings to review work progress and schedule
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 4 years with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software. Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating at least 1 year experience using ArcGIS Desktop10.5.1 or higher
- Demonstrate profession experience of greater than 2 years working in ArcPro, ArcCollector, developing forms in Survey123
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 4 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate using SQL Server in conjunction with Enterprise Geospatial database.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge experience of greater than 4 years with automation development using Python, or R
- Demonstrate professional experience creating tools to automate geospatial analysis, perform data QAQC, and generally create efficiencies through tools and automation
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of technical problem solving skills related to Geospatial Software
- Demonstrate profession experience of greater than 2 years developing geospatial technology solutions for all aspects of monitoring data – from field data collection to storage and analysis
- Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike
- Demonstrate experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to work with projects of varying timelines from yearlong implementation schedules to products with hours for quick turnaround production
- Demonstrate ability to design and build field data collection systems in Survey 123