Job: Part-time GIS Database Developer (remote), Penbay Solutions, Remote, ME
Part-time GIS Database Developer (remote)
Remote, ME 99999 United States
Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
The successful candidate will be employed with PenBay on a part-time, hourly, basis. The pay rate is $50 - $75 per hour based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities. PenBay anticipates this position working on an as-needed basis up to 32 hours per week.
IT Software Development
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
The successful candidate must possess demonstrated expertise creating, managing, and developing databases, scripts, and procedures using Microsoft SQL Server. The successful candidate will work independently using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and ArcGIS Desktop applications to provision geodatabases, load data, write and execute triggers, write stored procedures, and apply database security. The successful candidate will compare database schemas and map data from source to destination using SQL Server and ArcGIS tools. The successful candidate will publish map and feature services from geodatabases using ArcGIS Desktop.
PenBay is hiring this position to support its Delivery Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end development, troubleshooting, and administration of enterprise geodatabases for PenBay customers. The successful candidate will report to a Project Manager.
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to build and administer Microsoft SQL Server instances and databases.
• ArcGIS Desktop to build and manage geodatabases, load data, and apply database level security.
• Recent technical experience in ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, geodatabases, and Windows Operating System.
• Structured Query Language to write and execute triggers and stored procedures.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
• Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues and either resolve them or provide a technically accurate and complete description of the problem for others to assist in resolving.
• Must demonstrate a strong track record of successful project execution.
• Must work productively while remote from customers and other team members.
• Must be proactive, with the ability to self-start and multitask between projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, GIS, Information systems, or a related field, is required.
• 5+ years of work experience in the field of GIS or information systems is required.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Must be able to obtain and hold a secret security clearance.
• Technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft, AWS) a plus.
• Construction, facilities, or asset management experience is a plus.
*Additional education and professional certifications may be substituted for years of experience
Locations: Remote opportunity in the Eastern, Central, or Mountain time zones within the lower 48 states.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?