Job: Senior Consultant - AEC, GeoSearch, Inc., Redlands, CA
Are you interested in a challenging and highly visible role, where you’ll function as both a strategic business consultant and technical expert supporting our architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) customers? We’re looking for people with practical AEC industry experience, broad knowledge of AEC practices and workflows, expertise in technologies, and a high-level of skill working in a customer-focused collaborative team environment.
We invite you to use these talents to help both new AEC customers and seasoned users achieve their business goals, realize their geospatial vision and strategy, and deploy geospatial systems using implementation best practices. You’ll serve as an AEC subject matter expert and trusted advisor to:
- Strengthen and broaden the foundation of our geospatial cloud within AEC firms, so they can better serve their end customers.
- Partner with AEC firms to provide and coordinate consulting and technical support on specific projects.
- Provide GIS, CAD, and BIM expertise on consulting engagements for a wide range of organizations in multiple sectors (e.g., local government, commercial, utilities, transportation) who conduct architecture, engineering, and construction business activities.
In this role, you will provide vision and leadership to grow the AEC services practice within our Professional Services organization. In addition, you will work closely with Business Development, industry marketing, and other teams to promote the use of our technology in the AEC industry. This is an opportunity to apply your experience, subject matter expertise, and innovative approaches to help customers successfully implement those capabilities within their organizations.
- 5+ years of practical consulting experience in the architecture, engineering, and construction field working in an AEC firm or similar organization with experience using GIS, CAD, and BIM technology to support projects and other business activities
- Demonstrated ability to consult and engage with executive level leadership
- Ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and communicate with AEC customers, partners, etc.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, willingness to continuously learn, and the ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Ability to grow and maintain internal and external networks with AEC industry influencers and thought leaders
- Knowledge and experience in AEC lifecycle (plan, design, build, and operate) processes and activities, and how innovative use of GIS can benefit those lifecycle phases
- Solid understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it supports AEC workflows
- Knowledge and experience in the BIM process; integration of GIS, CAD, and BIM technologies; and an understanding of the Esri/Autodesk software connectors
- Knowledge of industry-leading engineering software companies and products, such as Autodesk (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, BIM 360) and Bentley (MicroStation, Project Wise)
- Proposal writing experience including preparing executive summaries, solution definitions, scopes of services, staffing plans, schedules, and pricing estimates
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, architecture, construction management, GIS, geography, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
- Connections with industry influencers and thought leaders
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA), or Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Experience with ArcGIS location-based services, geo-enabled applications, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology