Job: LiDAR Calibration Analyst, GeoSearch, Inc., Corvallis, OR
LiDAR Calibration Analyst
Corvallis, OR 97330 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Remote Sensing Sales/Marketing
Remote Sensing Technician
Remote Sensing Management
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
The LiDAR calibration analyst works independently and as part of the lidar calibration team to complete a variety of large and small scale lidar mapping contracts. The calibration analyst is primarily focused on ensuring the execution of processing tasks for their assigned project in a timely and efficient manner, while following the appropriate workflows. The analyst directly supports the senior and lead analysts in developing and testing efficiency improvements while supporting data production of calibrated lidar data from multiple sensor platforms. The analyst has knowledge of lidar processing workflows, performs rigorous QA/QC, and assists in training of senior technicians, technicians, and interns.
- Demonstrates good judgement in the evaluation of methods and problem solving (i.e. troubleshooting).
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to take complex information and convey it easily, including presentation preparation and workflow documentation.
- Takes initiative to identify and implement workflow processing improvements, including automation of workflows and tasks
- Perform rigorous QA/QC and data finalization practices
- Excellent technical ability with ESRI, CAD, and lidar processing software (Riegl, Leica, etc.)
- Ability to understand and apply tools written in programming languages relevant to the industry
- Ability to produce data reports and final deliverables when needed
- Strong creative aptitude and ability to contribute to the development of unique or new methods
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated successful experience working with lidar data
- Demonstrate efficiency, accuracy in tasks, and excellent data management and organization practices
- Perform statistical analysis of lidar data in accordance with industry standards and contract specifications (USGS LBS, ASPRS Guidance) for accuracy and precision
- Show aptitude for utilizing multiple geospatial software programs
- Ability to provide task oversight and tracking to ensure project benchmarks are met
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from associates across all levels
- Ability to train others using clear communication and provided program tools
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients
- Ability to work well within a team environment and show flexibility when being tasked
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism; solicits and responds to feedback
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
- Comfortable with self-direction
- 1 years of sr. technician or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Bachelor's degree in an Earth Sciences, Remote Sensing, Engineering, or other related field of study; or equivalent experience directly related to geospatial data processing
- Intermediate knowledge of lidar data collection sensors and software
- Exposure to ESRI or vector-based software and TerraSolid products
- Experience calibrating or processing lidar data using Riegl or Leica sensor platforms
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Advanced use of ESRI or vector-based software and TerraSolid products.
- Ability to develop processing workflows and efficiency improvements
- Programming experience in Python, ArcPy, C++, R
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical, professional work environment
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?