Job: Survey Party Chief I, GeoSearch, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Our client is seeking career minded individuals for challenging projects including all types of Land Surveying related work. Projects include Boundary, ALTAs, Easement/ Right-of Way Surveys, Topographic surveys; GPS control surveys, design surveys, Aerial mapping ground support, Terrestrial LiDAR, and with an emphasis on construction layout. Will work under responsible charge of a professional land surveyor.
Lead field crew(s) in day to day operations, coordinate daily with chief of parties, ensure field crew is properly equipped with personal protection equipment and following company safety procedures, coordination with contractors and clients on project sites, preparation of field notes and sketches, adherence to local, state, and federal survey regulations, accurate completion of daily timesheets, crew reports, vehicle inspections, and data downloading procedures, coordinates with chief of parties for company vehicle and survey equipment maintenance and perform office work as directed.
· Prefer Associates or Technical Two year degree with survey related courses.
· Minimum of six (6) years’ surveying experience with two (2) years’ experience as Party Chief
· Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
· Experience with Trimble Business Center preferred
· Experience with Trimble GPS, Trimble Access and Total Station preferred.
· Ability to work independently preferred
· Some travel is required.
· Must have experience with Easement/Right-of Way Surveys, Platting, ALTA’s, boundary surveys (retracement and route), property descriptions, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, and construction staking.
· Experience performing survey related research is desired.
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
· Local candidates preferred.