Job: Survey Party Chief, GeoSearch, Inc., Denver, CO
We are seeking a high energy, dynamic and experienced Survey Party Chief to join our Greenwood Village, CO office. Local candidates only.
GeoSearch is actively looking for career minded individuals for challenging projects including all types of Land Surveying related work. Projects include Boundary, ALTAs, Easement/ Right-of Way Surveys, Topographic surveys; GPS control surveys, design surveys, Aerial mapping ground support, Terrestrial LiDAR, and construction layout. Will work under responsible charge of a professional land surveyor.
Ability to work alone and have the ability to supervise over a field survey team. Making sure that the team is properly equipped with personal protection equipment and following company safety procedures, coordination with contractors and clients on project sites, preparation of field notes and sketches, adherence to local, state, and federal survey regulations, accurate completion of daily timesheets, crew reports, vehicle inspections, and data downloading procedures, survey equipment & truck maintenance and may perform office work as directed.
- Colorado Professional Land Surveyor license preferred and ability to become licensed within 4 years will be encouraged.
- Preferred Associates or Technical Two year degree with survey related courses.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in survey
- AutoCAD and/or GIS software experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record required
- Experience with Trimble Business Center required
- Experience with Trimble GPS, Trimble Access and Total Station required.
- Candidate is willing to travel up to three to four (3-4) weeks at a time
- Must have experience with PLSS, Easement/Right-of Way Surveys, Platting, ALTA’s, boundary surveys (retracement and route), property descriptions, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, and construction staking
- Experience performing survey related research is desired
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Local candidates only
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Comfortable with working in steep terrain and heights
- Ability to carry survey instruments and equipment
- Ability to climb ladders
- Lift 50 pounds