Job: Land Survey Instrument/Scanning Technician, GeoSearch, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
Land Survey Instrument/Scanning Technician
Phoenix, AZ 85001 United States
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
Remote Sensing Technician
- This position will be the instrument support for a two-person Terrestrial LiDAR Scanning (TLS) crew.
- Candidates with TLS scanning experience who meet other requirements will be given hiring priority.
- Candidates with previous Intel experience (and a valid WWID) will be given hiring priority.
- Must have ability to learn TLS scanners during on the job training over 60 days and become proficient in the operation of TLS.
- Candidates should be well-organized and have experience if field operations and compliance with safety conscientious environments.
- Candidate must have experience operating office software in the Microsoft Windows OS environment.
- Basic CAD experience is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to take task and project notes as well as coordinate time and tasks with other team members on site.
- Must be able to lift 50lb.
Candidate will work within a confidential high-tech semiconductor manufacturing environment. The project has a high safety and operational protocol which candidates must be able to adhere to. This project has a potential for evening and night shifts, depending on specific project scope. The candidate work schedule beyond that time period will be dictated by project schedule beyond January 2020 (day, swing or night shift).
Candidate will be required to learn scanning procedures and methods quickly. The ideal candidate will demonstrate abilities to learn new technologies and adapt quickly. This candidate has the potential to move into a lead scanning role quickly as the project dictates.
Candidates must have experience with the following:
Leveling of Tripods, Rods and basic survey measurement techniques
Trimble Robotic total Stations
Trimble Data Collectors
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of field survey experience.
- Must be able to climb ladders, transit cat walks and carry up to 50lbs.
- Willingness to travel for up to two weeks at a time throughout the United States.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required. DMV will be checked and monitored.
- Candidate must have OSHA 10 or be willing to obtain within 30 days after hire.
- Candidate must be to pass pre employment criminal and background check to obtain badged access for our client’s facility.
- Candidates must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen.
The project is primarily indoors but there will be occasional outdoor onsite work which will require candidate to work in winter/summer temperatures. Will consistently require the use and wear of personal protective equipment such gloves, hearing and eye protection, hard hats and steel-toed boots. Will require moderate physical exertion to include climbing stairs/ladders, entering confined spaces, or walking the property of a job site. Most physical requirements are limited to standard office needs (sitting/standing for extended periods of time, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting of less than 50lbs frequently, etc...)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?