Job: GIS Analyst - DoD, GeoSearch, Inc., Fort McCoy, WI
GIS Analyst - DoD
Fort McCoy, WI 54656 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are actively recruiting a GIS Analyst who possesses sound expertise in geospatial technologies and analytic methodologies. The position is located on Fort McCoy, WI. The analyst must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills. The analyst must work well in a team environment and be self-motivated.
With the recent launch of our new ESRI Server/Portal environment, this is an opportunity to be a part of leading a culture shift with how the client and its many users utilizes GIS. The data is just beginning to reach new audiences and there will be a need for new targeted GIS applications that will meet our clients’ needs in ways previously not thought of. This is the time to get in on the ground floor of this new exciting change.
This job is full time. This job currently has a 6 month term with the strong expectation that it will extended at the end of the six months. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be capable of attaining required security clearance.
• Import GIS and CADD data and developing, analyzing, manipulating, extracting and importing of data to meet US Army Reserve requirements.
• Use GPS equipment to facilitate data collection and post processing of data.
• Investigates and verifies geographic and land use data by making physical inspections and/or surveys of real property assets.
• Develop map products as needed
• Propose and assist in development of potential new GIS applications on Portal
• Researches the GIS needs of user clients.
• Compiles thematic data and records into reports
• Enters delineated map and descriptive information into the GIS through digitizing, key entry or other standard data entry procedures
• Provides geospatial training
• Prepares models, diagrams and technical documentation for GIS applications, GIS database metadata and operating procedures.
• Digitizes data and/or utilizes GIS/GPS processes to develop spatial data as required for GIS project.
• GIS Data Quality Control and Assurance to various governmental data standards (SDSFIE, etc) to ensure a high degree of data consistency, integrity, and accuracy.
• Travel required; 25-35% of time
• Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in physical or natural science, geography, engineering, planning, computer science or a related field
• Five years of experience using GIS (with experience in the ESRI Server/Portal environment a plus) and CADD data.
• Experience using GPS equipment
• Must have a sound technical understanding of key technologies (GIS, CAD, Database) and systems.
• QA/QC experience.
• U.S. Citizenship required for government contract
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Geography, GIS or related field.
• 2 years or more of GIS experience w/ Army IGI&S, Army Installation Atlas and ePRISM data
• Experience in public speaking; preference will be given to those with experience in conducting training
• Familiarity with Army real property and space management a plus.
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs and spend a minimum of a day on one's feet surveying a site.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?