Job: Software Tester, GeoSearch, Inc., Huntsville, AL
Huntsville, AL 35611 United States
IT Software Development
GeoSearch, Inc. is looking for a Software Tester to join our team. If you are interested in growing your skills and capabilities in this field, we have the ideal opportunity for you to join a robust team. The most qualified candidates will have some knowledge of software testing methodologies and an understanding of the process. We are looking for someone who is motivated and interested in learning from our other highly skilled staff members in a fast-paced environment. You will work as a member of a team that interfaces with the end-user as well as software development teams. Work is performed in a very collaborative work environment using the Seapine / Helix ALM suite of requirements and test management software.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
• Work as part of a larger development team ensuring requirements are properly coded through the test development and execution process
• Read and understand software functional requirements and technical specifications
• Construct effective system integration and regression test cases designed to ensure application functions in accordance with design standards
• Conduct testing on supported applications - carefully documenting findings
• Develop and disseminate communications regarding test planning and outcomes
• Knowledge of Independent Verification and Validation concepts and standards is a plus
• Experience would ideally include work in an Oracle, Java environment
Experience and Education Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree is highly desired but not required
• Successful candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a software development and/or testing environment
• Experience working in a DoD environment is highly desirable
• Ability to pass a Government background check
• Duties are performed in an office environment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
• Ability to travel as necessary for project assignments and meetings.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?